Naming issues?

It actually is the point, because the format isn’t compliant for the rules within the game and therefore isn’t realistic for an in-game airline. ‘AirlineSim’ isn’t a name within the game, merely the name of the game, and thus isn’t required to abide by the name rules. The people naming their airlines without using spaces are still in violation of the rules, which even the AS-operated in-game companies (AS Bank and the leasing companies) are compliant with.

It actually is the point, because the format isn't compliant for the rules within the game and therefore isn't realistic for an in-game airline. 'AirlineSim' isn't a name within the game, merely the name of the game, and thus isn't required to abide by the name rules. The people naming their airlines without using spaces are still in violation of the rules, which even the AS-operated in-game companies (AS Bank and the leasing companies) are compliant with.

If I understand you correctly you're saying that using stylised names breaks the rules.

This is understood, I think, but the question is why? The example of AirlineSim itself was brought up in a somewhat light-hearted spirit, more to the point there are many real airlines (EasyJet, jetBlue) using stylised 'wrong' upper-case letters. So the question is (at least to me), why is this not allowed in the game?

These are brands - the airlines are not named like this. But yes, there are real life examples - in your cases the brands are part of the airline names too. In reality there are some marketing strategic guys inventing such a brand/name. Here at AirlineSim we do often see some "cats walking across the keyboard"-names. Additional we want to be sure that we do not have to discuss with the player if there are two airlines in game with the same name (one with and one without spaces).

OK, I certainly understand not wanting to have semantic discussions about what constitutes 'the same name'.

But out of interest, what is the objection to 'cat walking across the keyboard' names, strong enough to disallow names a la jetBlue?

These are brands - the airlines are not named like this. But yes, there are real life examples - in your cases the brands are part of the airline names too. In reality there are some marketing strategic guys inventing such a brand/name. Here at AirlineSim we do often see some "cats walking across the keyboard"-names. Additional we want to be sure that we do not have to discuss with the player if there are two airlines in game with the same name (one with and one without spaces).