Naming issues?

Hello, I have been playing this game since 2012 and have noticed that some well established airlines have broken the naming conventions and gone unnoticed. However, I started an airline a few months ago and was pmed by SK i think telling me my name had broken the naming conventions a short time after my airline was founded. I've seen airlines that are totally unrelated to aviation but have been around for as long as 5 years, airlines that are mockeries of real life airlines. And even one that had the same name as a real life airline, yet I get pulled up for having a name like FlameJet? Does AirlineSim have something against new players or what? 

Happened to me a few times also.

We are actively looking for companies that are using Names that are Real Names or part of that or in any other way not in compliance with the Names Regulations. However we might miss some airlines. If you see an Airlinename that is not correct or you are not sure about and would like to ask the Team to check u can always user the in Game reporting function or send a support mail via support@airlinesim.aero and we will check it. So if yourself beeing asked to change you will normally get an Info as well why you should change your company name. And for sure we have nothing against new Players.

We are trying to keep the names of each airline registration within a standard that does not only mean that real life names are forbidden. We also would like to have no airlines called "hkljbjhvsgj". And the rest in between is sometimes a smal grade. I'm reviewing the airlines but especially on the start of a new server where 400 airlines were founded within 1 day it sometime happens that I don't see all the naming convention rules. So if you find some, just report them. And that has nothing to do if the player is new or a player of the first hour!

The thing is, I reported an airline for mocking a real life on and no one did anything about it. And that airline had been around for a long time so I'm still convinced the staff have something against new players

and please excuse my grammatical errors my english isn't 100%  :P

and please excuse my grammatical errors my english isn't 100%  :P

Your English is much better than that of many "fluent" speakers. 

How about airline name is somehow near the real life airline, but technically not, then he upload the real life airline logo, that supposed to be "that" airline his name is closing to?

*just asking, hehe..*

Case by case decission ... but generally not a good idea...

"Holding or company names may be rejected for the following reasons:" "

• Missing Spaces (NorthHamburg Airways)"

Yet it's ok for AirlineSim to be called that... Yeah yeah, it's not an ingame name but still. 

Yet it's ok for AirlineSim to be called that... Yeah yeah, it's not an ingame name but still. 

So the URL would be www.Airline Sim.aero?

Makes sense <_<

I think it's also case by case. There are real world 'missing spaces' such as 'jetBlue' to deliberately stylize the name.

This is something I've always wondered about. Is there a reason why 'missing' spaces are not allowed?

This is something I've always wondered about. Is there a reason why 'missing' spaces are not allowed?

Not an official opinion, but many new players go forth and create an airline, as opposed to doing some investigative research before taking the plunge. (in fairness, the “create your airline now!” banner urges them to.) Airline names are rather skewed towards mimicry of existing airlines, or some variation of the country/city of the primary hub. I’ve always thought the rule was to help prevent instances of FlyGermany, Fly Germany, FlyDeutschland, FlugDeutschland, et al. from co-existing.

Then again, there are plenty of jerkwads out there that will happily name their airline Therapist Air, or FlyDeutschebag, or something equally (if not more, there’s no limit on human indecency) offensive. Automated filters may not catch names without spaces.

Then again, there are plenty of jerkwads out there that will happily name their airline Therapist Air, or FlyDeutschebag, or something equally (if not more, there's no limit on human indecency) offensive. Automated filters may not catch names without spaces.

Personally, I think "Therapist Air" is kind of creative (doesn't sound offensive to me - it actually makes me smile). If I had the money, I would probably give my real life airline such a memorable name. I personally struggle with names similar to "John Bunny [countryname here]". This sounds childish. If a "Therapist" has no connection to airline business, why do bunnies and teddy bears have connections to the industry?

You may have a complete opposite view - and I think this is the hard part of the AS team. To judge names that stick to the rules, but sound ridicoulous. 

Maybe airline names should become part of the ORS rating (the image factor). Each player might vote once on another player's info page the name (kind of a facebook "I like"). To prevent abuse, each player would get the possibility to "up vote/like" another airline once per week only.

Fortunately, small/stuffed animals and references to sexual crimes are in violation of other rules, and shouldn’t be in the game either. Nor is mixing and matching languages with certain exceptions (the addition of airlines, airways, air, etc. to a name consistent with the local official languages).

My understanding is that there is an initial set of filters during airline naming, to protect trademarked names. Especially since the listing of airlines on a server is available to the public, and searchable by the search engines. I’d hate to receive a cease and desist letter from a real airline, they have massive legal departments and I don’t, nor am I sure who would be receiving the C&D letter. The no spaces rule would help to some degree with the matching of names against the protected list. People always point out that ‘AirlineSim’ doesn’t comply with the rule, but I don’t see people naming their airline ‘Canada AirlineSim’ (although I’m sure someone will now). Once the initial filter check is passed, it becomes a matter to be resolved whenever it’s reported.

Maybe airline names should become part of the ORS rating (the image factor). Each player might vote once on another player's info page the name (kind of a facebook "I like"). To prevent abuse, each player would get the possibility to "up vote/like" another airline once per week only.

It's easier to make a decision when it's a single person or small committee deciding. Making player judgements binding would be an absolute nightmare, not just in dealing with tallying votes, but getting players to participate in a vote. Even these forums are a small subset of the entire AS player base, as not everybody reads them, and fewer still participate in discussions.

People always point out that 'AirlineSim' doesn't comply with the rule, but I don't see people naming their airline 'Canada AirlineSim'

No, but you do constantly see RL airlines named Ryanair and Easyjet rather than "Ryan Air" or "Easy Jet", which AS rules would demand. Just saying...

No, but you do constantly see RL airlines named Ryanair and Easyjet rather than "Ryan Air" or "Easy Jet", which AS rules would demand. Just saying...

Yes, but if Mike O’Leary wanted to recreate his success in-game, he wouldn’t be doing it under the RyanAir name, just the same as the rest of us, because the AS rules demand.

Yes, but if Mike O'Leary wanted to recreate his success in-game, he wouldn't be doing it under the RyanAir name, just the same as the rest of us, because the AS rules demand.

That's not the point! I didn't actually suggest people should use Ryanair or Easyjet as names (seriously? I'm shocked I even have to explain this obvious part... :blink: ), I was simply stating that people naming their airlines without using spaces is actually quite realistic and a rule opposing that seems quite immersion breaking.

Yes, but if Mike O'Leary wanted to recreate his success in-game, he wouldn't be doing it under the RyanAir name, just the same as the rest of us, because the AS rules demand.

Well I am sure MOL would be able to get a legal release allowing him to use FR name in any online game if he wished so :)