New Gameworld

Anyone else sick of these short gameworlds?

Personally im done with this game until one lasts longer than a few months and not any stupid rules like Otto.

Reactivate Quimby with the same rules as before just longer! 

If the poll shows the same opinion then they should listen to the customer!

Also if you have any other suggestions to oppose the short worlds stick them bellow

I don't think it is sustainable that Airlinesim keeps on adding game worlds that are permanent. Then you end up with 15-20 worlds with 50-100 players.

However a game world that will last for 2-5 years sounds great in my opinion. 

Why dont they close one of the current permanent worlds, too many people sitting with massive airlines and no slots available  

Because those people with massive airlines have spent far more credits on that airline than the majority of player will in a new game world

The setup means no players can join easily, and it makes it not fun to play.

The temporary worlds are a good idea but i want a chance to play longer, 

As you can see the poll favors this, with only 9 votes for another temp server.

If there isnt a change then i wont be renewing my credits and i know other players feel the same,

I hope our credits matter just as much as the people locked down in the permanent worlds since your post seems very financially focused.

What your poll says is that out of 1200 paying players, only 4% want another permanent game world.

It was already said, new permanent game world comes with new major AirlineSim release. As there was no new major AirlineSim release recently, I see no need for a new permanent game world. A semi-permanent of 24-30 months might be an option to consider IMO.

That's not what the tens of players who took advantage of published and unpublished opportunities on existing game worlds would say.

Only a major event like the new booking classes would justify the creation of a new permanent or semi-permanent (non-Quimby or Ottto gameworld. It’ll come eventually.

What your poll says is that out of 1200 paying players, only 4% want another permanent game world.

Not all are on the forums to be fair, 12% according to the poll.

Still it shows a huge swing to another permanent world or a longer temporary one.

It was already said a new gameworld comes with a major release. Where? i didnt see this.

The temporary worlds are a good idea but i want a chance to play longer,

If there isnt a change then i wont be renewing my credits and i know other players feel the same,

I hope our credits matter just as much as the people locked down in the permanent worlds since your post seems very financially focused.

Imagine following scenario: you have built an airline for many years and spent hundreds of hours to achieve this - what would you then say if someone would suggest to close this world?

And just to be clear: it is possible to succeed in older ganeworlds if you have the right setup and you find the right spot. Big airlines cease away nearly every week and free Slots and space. It is not true that you only could succeed on new worlds.

And just to be clear: it is possible to succeed in older ganeworlds if you have the right setup and you find the right spot. Big airlines cease away nearly every week and free Slots and space.

Exactly. The latest example: Brazil became quite free on one of the legacy servers yesterday.

Here is the official statement to the question about permanent game world from the AirlineSim Convention last year:

https://youtu.be/NxO4BjhPmnM?t=45m35s

So the next permanent game world will probably be launched with the new booking class features

Imagine following scenario: you have built an airline for many years and spent hundreds of hours to achieve this - what would you then say if someone would suggest to close this world?

And just to be clear: it is possible to succeed in older ganeworlds if you have the right setup and you find the right spot. Big airlines cease away nearly every week and free Slots and space. It is not true that you only could succeed on new worlds.

I can fully understand although nothing can continue forever. But as long as there are plenty of players on there and Airlinesim can still make a profit out of it then sure.

There are however a lot of players who really want to build one of those airlines as well. Yes, you can start in an older world but I am sure you can understand that this is not the same as starting on an even playing field, fully in competition in a city of your own choosing instead of where there happens to be a chance. What you say about people putting a lot of work in their airlines, that also goes for the players who play in the temporary servers and many of them quit after a few months because they know all the work will be for nothing.

In the past new permanent worlds were created every half a year. This is unsustainable and I can imagine Airlinesim not wanting to continue this. I also understand that big changes are coming and that focus is there. But the last permanent world started February 2015 (if I am correct). Almost 2,5 years ago.

I understand Airlinesim and this is not meant as critique. I just would love to be able to start in a world again, on the same terms as everyone else and know that it will excist for at least 1-2 years. It is a sound that is heard a lot on the forums and in game. That is why I voted for the last option.

A temp world for 2-3 years would be an option. However, I would rather spend the energy on a permanent world as I might want to play longer.

Starting in your desired town is ambitious. Let’s look for example to LHR, which is one of the most desired hubs on every server. Within 2 months or even earlier, you won’t find free Slots. Too many players will have the same desire. But if a company will cease away (as just recently happened in U.K.), then you have the chance to step into the market and grow fast. Even if competitors also will step into that market. That would be my option to look for. Which I did quite successfully on at least 2 permanent servers. In one case I made it in the US. In a strong competitive market with very experienced players and huge competition. Sure - a bit of luck is needed, to get the information but we have at least one thread where you can find opportunities like the mentioned free Brasil. By the way: one of the best markets… :slight_smile:

Yes, you can start in an older world but I am sure you can understand that this is not the same as starting on an even playing field, fully in competition in a city of your own choosing instead of where there happens to be a chance.

You can start and grow even on an old server, and become big. Best example is Idlewild, where 50% or more of the largest airlines were started in the last 2-3 years, on a gameworld that will be celebrating it's 10th anniversary in a few months. Fornebu also has a good chunk of "newish" airlines which became big, especially USA and China markets there. And I am quite sure the same can be said about almost every other old gameworld.

I absolutely believe it's possible and that there are good, in some cases even better chances on older servers.

And yet the open spaces in an old world barely fill up while a new server will be full (1200 holdings) in a few days.

Apparently its not the same and does not give the same satisfaction/thrill/challenge. 

Again, I am not necessarily in favor of a new permanent world, would already be glad if Quimby can last a few months longer.

It's all very well looking at server figures the first week, but look at them 3, 6, 9 months in. Yes a new gameworld is the most "profitable" the first few weeks, but everytime there is a permanent server numbers really start to drop off when people realise they can not run LHR-JFK against the more experienced players 

To avoid endless worldgame it could be a 5 year world. The quimbys are just to short for me.

Even 2 years would do it I guess.

Maybe it would be possible to create something like four different game world lengths.

The first of which is the current length of a Quimby or Otto server, so about 6 to 9 months. This would allow new players to enjoy a new game more often and get a feeling for the game without being overwhelmed by the large airlines you now see at existing game world. It might also be great for players who want to play for a while, but don't want to invest the time that needed for long lasting airlines or know they get bored from the game after several month, a short game world is a better choice then.

The second is a slightly longer game world with a length of 1,5 to 2 years. This would allow airlines to spend more time on creating an airline that can grow bigger and to get more effects from IPOs and also it might enable some airlines to start experimenting with building terminals. It also might have a new impact on Alliances as these might be more important in the long run when the effect of well managed interlining is more effective.

The third duration would be about 3 to 5 years. This is effectively an endless game world in terms of what you can do with your airline. It allows the creation of multiple subsidiaries that can work together, to build your own buildings, to create extensive and well connected alliance route networks and to build the largest airline you can imagine. This would give about all the benefits of the endless game worlds, without the problem of servers that exist indefinitely without much happening in those game worlds (relative to newer servers).

The fourth length for a game world would be endless, but as we already have many of these, I don't think we would need a new one any time soon. This would mostly be as a possible replacement for an existing one when one might eventually be closed due to a lack of paying players on these servers. Maybe you could also add a time limitations to these, but that should be very long (like at least 10 years, or till the server is no longer profitable). This would allow players who want to build an airline to last "forever" to do so, but as most players will probably not stay active players for more then 5 years, this option would, in my perspective, be limited to about 3 to 5 servers (at least fewer than we have now).

At the moment we have 16 servers. With the same amount of servers I would distribute it the following way:

3 short term servers of each 9 months in length. (opening one every three months)

4 medium length servers of each 2 years in duration. (opening one every 6 months)

5 long term servers of each 5 year in duration. (opening one every year)

4 endless servers (opening a new one when an old one is older than 10 years or no longer profitable)