no benefit of a quick change plane

you can get a quick change aircraft but it has no benefit. it could give you an option for quick change aircraft cargo or passangers.

like this

passenger flights between 11 am to 9pm

1 hour change over (10pm ready)

cargo flights 10pm to 4pm

1 hour change over (5am ready)

5am to 11 am maintenance

I’m afraid, I do not completely understand the relevance of such a plane.

Two things coming to my mind immediately:

1. Why not operate 2 seperate planes, one for cargo and the other for pax? This way you wouldn’t waste time converting the aircrafts for pax/cargo missions which would result in a higher possible profit margin.

2. Many planes do carry pax as well as cargo at the same time. For me this looks a lot more profitable again.

Cheers

look at it like this

you pay twice every thing ie lease

You have to think about it a little bit different.

Imagine you have 1 quick change aircraft on the one hand and 1 normal aircraft with pax and cargo transport at the same time. Both make 2 Flights.

Also: One flight with the quick change with pax + one flight with the quick change with cargo = Two flights with a normal aircraft with pax and cargo.

(lets’s say: Flight 1: 200 Pax, Flight 2: 100 Cargo = Flight 1: 100 Pax + 50 Cargo, Flight 2: 100 Pax + 50 Cargo)

So in the end the number of passengers and the amount of cargo transported is the same in both cases. If now both types of aircraft also have the same leasing rate, then the normal aircrafts are more profitable than quick change aircrafts.

That is, because you will have more flight time available on the normal aircrafts - namely: the 2 hours of changing time for the conversion of the quick change aircrafts. The daily conversion would make these aircrafts unprofitable.

If you imagine a second scenario in which you have the quick change aircraft of above and on the other hand you have one pax aircraft and one cargo aircraft. The quick change aircraft makes 2 flights, the normal ones make one each, so that we have 2 flights on each side. Of course the leasing rate of one quick change aircraft is the same as the rate for one normal aircraft.

You may pay twice the leasing rate in this scenario for the normal aircrafts, since you have 2 of them, BUT you can fly twice as much, which means that on average you pay the same leasing rate per flight hour on each side.

(this time: Flight 1: 200 Pax, Flight 2: 100 Cargo = Pax Aircraft: 200 Pax, Cargo Aircraft: 100 Cargo)

Also in this case the normal aircrafts will be better, since you will lose valuable opertating time due to the conversion process of the quick change aircraft.

Do these planes exist in real life? It takes month to convert an aircraft

Yes the boeing 737-300qc

Bae 146-200/300QT to name another…

Had the pleasure of getting seats in and out of these birds, and the 737-300QC for real…man its a pain in the ~@!.

So I guess you don’t need them in the game also?

Too many engines, and not enough capacity!

I seem to remember reading about an ATR operated like this, seats taken out at night, put back in the morning.

other airlines has made it work

Do these planes exist in real life? It takes month to convert an aircraft

They do not convert them totally they just unfasten the seats and lift them out and take out the floor panels. For example Jet 2 has 4 Boeing 737-300qc aircraft based in EDI, everyday they make a couple of flights in the morning to afternoon whit passagers and then they return to EDI get converted in an hour and fly whit all Scottish Royal Mail to London Stansted and then fly back to EDI and get converted to passagers again and start a new day. 

They do not convert them totally they just unfasten the seats and lift them out and take out the floor panels. For example Jet 2 has 4 Boeing 737-300qc aircraft based in EDI, everyday they make a couple of flights in the morning to afternoon whit passagers and then they return to EDI get converted in an hour and fly whit all Scottish Royal Mail to London Stansted and then fly back to EDI and get converted to passagers again and start a new day. 

Give me the Q400QC NOOOOOOOW!!!!! :)