Now what?

Hi all,

I'm now basically at a point now where i can expand no further. If you take a look at my airline I've literally all the routes possible for demand. So my question is, do i now just do nothing? 

I've had a look about setting up another airline in another country but there all full and there is stiff compeption and limited slots. So what would your guys advice be? Just keep my airline or start a fresh. 

Side note; this is my first successful airline.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

Go long haul and conquer the world! Open subsidiaries in investment open countries, open cargo company.

i would love to go long hual but there is literally no demand as for the open investment countries there all taken :( 

Game world and airline??

Game world and airline??

http://devau.airlinesim.aero/app/info/enterprises/66178?28&tab=0

You are not flying longhaul yet. What countries did you try?

Is there a good connection from Europe / France to South America? If not, that's your chance.

Go also further into Asia. There are some French speaking countries. And also think about the religious connections to other countries.

Don't set up a new company. There is still a lot of open space for you.

And: Africa is huge... there are a couple of countries you are not flying to. Build a bridge between Europe and Southern Africa.

The key to long-haul is to build efficient connections.  East-West and North-South.  My guess is you could do decently well connecting places like India to North and South America.  Your central location in Africa could potentially be a real asset.  Focus on connecting your long-haul flights with waves to places that have decent demand between them but that would also be hard to fly a lot.  (As an aside my Canadian airline has a hard time flying to India/China because of the distances involved.  It is very difficult to get a daily flight in those routes without using a ton of planes.)  You might be able to fly to both daily and make a good connection between the two.  

You can also look to connect your existing European flights to Southern Africa.  Honestly you probably have a ton of room to grow.  But you'll have to build a competitive offering of connections.  The demand is there...you just have to build a competitive offering that will make those flights more appealing than other connections.

Having played a lot in countries around India, I have never been able to effectively use it for connections and never had decent loads at a larger scale. The largest reason is that the market is run dominated by a great player who unlike some other big players who just managed to find themselves in the right situation this guy really knows what he is doing. And the second reason is that India does not seem very open to connections, do others experience similarly?

So my question is, do i now just do nothing?

Either this, or you'll set yourself new goals. Airlinesim is all about that, finding your personal vision of an airline, achieve it and then - do what you want. I'm playing this game for over a decade now and even with small airlines, I never really finished it.

By looking at your airline, I would try to consolidate the fleet. 27 different types in 6 maintenance categories with only 125 planes at all, sounds horrible to me ;) I would try to buy new planes to cancel the leasing contracts, then build a terminal and finally, try to expand my network to long-haul destinations. Tunis is a perfect place to build a hub between europe and africa, don't know how organized your flight times are, maybe that's a new chance? Tunisia is part of the Yamoussoukro Decision, that will give you further opportunities. It is complicated, tough, but that's what you need, don't you? ;)

There are still plenty of slots in Tunis City, in Monastir and some other airports that allow connections in Tunisia. You can still grow 4x your size just within Tunisia without any issues.

There are still plenty of slots in Tunis City, in Monastir and some other airports that allow connections in Tunisia. You can still grow 4x your size just within Tunisia without any issues.

This is the second post from you I’ve just read where it’s all about using all the slots. For a lot of players it’s no fun to have 20x flights a day with small aircraft and block your home airport, so of course he can grow further and have a fleet of 400 aircraft, but what’s the fun of it? Honestly? What he asked for is a challenge!

As mentioned, try to get a decent fleet of less maintenance types. Try to organise a connecting environment, e.g. increase your commecting passengers. This involves a lot of strategic thinking and analysis. Try to set up subsidiaries in Africa, the Yamoussoukro Decision offers you a lot of interesting opportunities in smaller countries.

India is English speaking and Tunesia is Fremch. There will be nearly no demand to and from India. But transfer to South America and even more to Southern Africa is possible. I did not check connections from France to South America but there will be quite some missing - your chance!

Rubio did not suggest to block all Slots but indeed, there might be more domestic demand. Which is also the base for all longhaul flights. I know an airline in Casablanca which is having four times more domestic routes. Works very well now.

And yes, 6 different types of planes is way too much…

This is the second post from you I've just read where it's all about using all the slots.

You should then be happy that Jumper did not respond in this thread because he would definitely suggest to use up all the slots down to 5 or 10% so no competitor can set up a base anywhere nearby.

And I did not suggest to use all the slots for usage sake. Rather, the OP can provide more connections, more waves, more destination, and once he runs out of slots in Tunis he can repeat that in Monastir etc. That was the point, not my problem you did not understand that.

Ok, so im doing to try to expand more into Africa and beyond that.

My main problem with this is low demand, i can't also seem to find a plane to fill the role of low capacity demand that is long range? Apart from leasing some very expensive 737's the routes won't be profitable for me.   

Check out the new Canadair Regional jets?

Why low demand? If you have built your network then there is no low demand. You are big enough to transfer passengers from Europe to Africa. Either use CS100/300 or 737-900. With a good working network you can fill every plane. Take care on your service profile and ORS rating and you are done.

maybe yes, im going to trail run 2 737 -600. the problem with reducing my maintenance is that my crj's are on a very cheap lease and i'm wondering if there's any point in bothering? 

I'm open to suggestions on what to replace. 

maybe yes, im going to trail run 2 737 -600. the problem with reducing my maintenance is that my crj's are on a very cheap lease and i'm wondering if there's any point in bothering? 

I’m open to suggestions on what to replace.

The increased maintenance due to extra aircraft type, in AS, cause increase in maintenance cost of not just the extra type but also every plane you have. So you have every reason to move on.

Might be you can also pick between continuing using either ERJ or Dash 8?

Might be also move E190s into 737 and then 170/175 into dash 8 Q400, but that depend on have you use any of those smaller planes oon longer routes that are not reached by dash8

edit: alternatively you can also move all the E-jet and dash 8 and ERJ into CRJ