Otto II - Ilyushin IL-18Ds

I'm starting this thread because it is becoming apparent that Otto II is being overtaken by IL-18Ds. Without double slots some airports are operating at <10% capacity remaining. This game is no longer realistic of the 2017 airline industry.

I do not think OTTO II should be restarted. However I think the cheap price of the IL-18Ds incentivizes people to buy/lease them in mass quantities. In real life only 500 have been produced. In AirlineSim OTTO II over 4k have been produced and 250 are pending.

Here's my solution to this conundrum. Airline Sim sends a notification stating that anyone flying IL-18Ds in a month will suffer a SEVERE ORS penalty. Yes, they are -5 image now but no one seems to care because they are so cheap. A month of earnings should suffice in replacing a fleet of IL-18Ds if you are making a decent amount of income.

That would give everyone in the world a month to save up and lease Embrarers, CRJs, 727s, or Airbus A318s to replace our fleets of IL-18Ds. Maybe Airline Sim can create a new leasing company and lease these modern planes at a discount, a trade in for IL-18D leasers.

Unless something changes I'm going to continue to order IL-18Ds. I really dislike ordering the plane but it's too cheap not to.

Or simply raise the price?

Give a one week notice that the lease price of IL-18D will double. I mean, if the aircraft is THAT popular, manufacture must be raising its price due to high demand.

here is another suggestion: use one of the two trillion other threads regarding this issue and read through the discussion before opening yet another un-reflected thread. that might actually help with channelling suggestions and frustrations.

I stayed away from OTTO. Glad I did, the Il-18s are stupid. Some airlines have 125+ of them already hahaha

I think rising the production times should be done.

The main problem is the OTTO type game worlds themselves, not the game. The idea of a "timed" game world is to become the best/biggest airline by the end of the game. Therefore the players dont care how they get there, they will just exploit and use the game to it max. Its not cheating as there is nothing wrong in what they are doing, because anyone can do it. It just ruins the realism of the game, it becomes more of a game than a realistic simulation. Thats why I dont tend to enjoy the timed worlds.

The main problem is the OTTO type game worlds themselves, not the game. The idea of a "timed" game world is to become the best/biggest airline by the end of the game. Therefore the players dont care how they get there, they will just exploit and use the game to it max. Its not cheating as there is nothing wrong in what they are doing, because anyone can do it. It just ruins the realism of the game, it becomes more of a game than a realistic simulation. Thats why I dont tend to enjoy the timed worlds.

And because people have different preference, that's why this type of game exist. There are people who want to limit their playing time, there are people who want to play forever. 

To be honest, I disagree. Of course, there might be players having 160 IL-18D, 50 Boing 727 and 50 Nords 262 after 2,5 weeks, therefore slotblocking multiple 10-bar-airports simultaneously and making everyone else’s game hell but the majority of players, in my opinion, just wanna play in a game world with strong (fair) competition and try something new. I estimate those players to be 90% of all players on OTTO II, and their game is being severely jepardized by the IL-18D diseases which is spreading more and more by every day. If nothing is done about it soon, it might not be possible to stop the disease anymore. When people had ebola, so many people volunteered to help the affected people, but what happens with OTTO II? People just look away…

No names here.

No names here.

I apologize.