Personal denunciation

I, username ”morefocus”, owner of the airline ”Northern Enterprises” on Aspern, currently the 3rd airline (based on passengers/week - but in the recent past 2nd and even 1st... notwithstanding around some 40 empty A320's / + 747's waiting to be programmed) in the Aspern world, denounce myself as holding at the moment 111 aircraft with the sole purpose of blocking slots (most of the flights of these 111 aicraft never operated a single flight, as they do not hold any cabin config or flight crew), mostly regarding the airports PEK, TSN and NGB. These aircraft range from AT42 to CR9.

This has been going on for more than 4 (-5?... more...?) months and no one has noticed / complained about it.

Therefore I came to the conclusion that I have to bring forward this denunciation.

Thank you everyone and have a nice summer!

I'm curious -- if this was something that was undetected, why did you decide now to divulge this?

Maybe he was testing the ways to game the system....   using an actual fact to make a point?

Completely useless post to me.

- Why do you denounce yourself?

- Why do you actually do it?

- What do you expect? From whom?

- Do you feel better now?

Bringing the fact.. yet again .. in attention.. that big players can ruin the game for others or starters.  Not a useless post for me.

I, username ”morefocus”, owner of the airline ”Northern Enterprises” on Aspern, currently the 3rd airline (based on passengers/week - but in the recent past 2nd and even 1st... notwithstanding around some 40 empty A320's / + 747's waiting to be programmed) in the Aspern world, denounce myself as holding at the moment 111 aircraft with the sole purpose of blocking slots (most of the flights of these 111 aicraft never operated a single flight, as they do not hold any cabin config or flight crew), mostly regarding the airports PEK, TSN and NGB. These aircraft range from AT42 to CR9.

This has been going on for more than 4 (-5?.. more…?) months and no one has noticed / complained about it.

Therefore I came to the conclusion that I have to bring forward this denunciation.

Thank you everyone and have a nice summer!

I reported you months ago :wink:

Nothing happened though lol

Yes, as I do not see a slot blocking so far. I will investigate this of course, but this is somehow strange.

I'm curious -- if this was something that was undetected, why did you decide now to divulge this?

I conducted this entirely as a scientific experiment to test if such a scenario would be feasible in a commercial game world, for a significant amount of time, in the most adverse circumstances: i.e.

- using (arbitrarily chosen) over 100+ non-revenue generating A/C,

- in a highly competitive market,

- A/C that is based mostly on major airports,

- to occupy slots,

- while at the same time managing to obtain profit for an enterprise,

- in times of sustained low AGEX.

As soon as the hypothesis turned out to be valid - i.e. the situation would be sustainable at sub-800 AGEX for weeks - I decided to "divulge" the situation to A/S in order to catalyze the programming of some scripts (which I assume would not be so hard to code) such as to prevent any similar scenarios in the future, in order to make the game better.

(I could have just deleted the enterprise myself, but then - potential - game improvements would have not happened.)

Just curious: Is it correct, that you wanted to perform a test, how long it takes until cheating is detected?

This is really bizarre...

Hi,

players conduct all sorts of experiments  :-)

What I find bizarre is that the airline was reported and the AS-team detected no problem.

Jan

That's really kind of bizarre. As soon as there is a report, we do investigate. If we do not detect any ilegal, the case is closed. There are a lot of reports about price dumping, but 99% of them are not price dumping, it's just slightly below the standard prices or - sometimes - the prices of the reporting airline. If we receive reports on one airline again and again and we check these reports eacht time and can't find anything, we made the investigation faster and are not looking into the details that much. I guess that's the way this hasn't been detected yet even though it was reported several times.

Question: Is it possible for players to see if they have been reported? Do they get a ingame message or a note? Just curious...

No, they don't. The only way would be to look into the airline-info-page if the report is done ingame.

This is the strangest thing I've seen in AS so far.

No, they don't. The only way would be to look into the airline-info-page if the report is done ingame.

Ok, thanks.

There are a lot of reports about price dumping, but 99% of them are not price dumping, it's just slightly below the standard prices or - sometimes - the prices of the reporting airline.

It can sometimes be hard to know if someone is pricedumping if the rule looks like it does on the wiki:

Dumping is forbidden. The ticket prices have to be at least the same like direct cost. Direct cost are: Handling (Passenger and Freight Ground Handling), Catering and related jet fuel, aircraft handling, ATC charges and landing fee.”

How are we supposed to be able to know what Catering cost our competitor has for example?

It can sometimes be hard to know if someone is pricedumping if the rule looks like it does on the wiki:

Dumping is forbidden. The ticket prices have to be at least the same like direct cost. Direct cost are: Handling (Passenger and Freight Ground Handling), Catering and related jet fuel, aircraft handling, ATC charges and landing fee.”

How are we supposed to be able to know what Catering cost our competitor has for example?

When you think someone is price dumping, you report them. Then the AS team takes a look at the numbers. If the report has merit, it's forwarded to the UAB. So, if you think it might be, report it.

I think a lot of players wille be waiting until you delete your airline, a lot of marketshare will become available ;)

At least he is polite by wishing us a nice summer :D

My god do we have some crazy players here ;)