Peru is a great and exciting opportunity, this is your chance, NOW!

Peru is really quite a good market. It allows you to run airlines with revenue of several hundred million AS$ and hundreds of aircraft, if and when fully developed.

Diamond Star invites you to participate in Peru on Idlewild. The current member has been idle and expressed his desire of possible exit. This is your chance!

We will select a player from interested candidates, fulfilling the required criteria:

- Understanding of AS is absolutely required. If you have to ask why you have no bookings or why your aircraft was grounded, sorry to say but you are not a candidate for this project (but we will gladly refer you to written and youtube tutorials and answer some tutoring questions by private message). You should be an AS players who knows how to play, and who wishes to run a great, profitable medium-to-large airline.

- You must demonstrate your AS history*

* If you have had several resets but keep trying, and have been with AS for at least 6 months, you are welcome to apply, we will teach you how to play.

- You must be willing to learn and be open to advice and implement strategy change

- You must have a commitment to Peru for at least 1 year

- You must be willing to actively participate in our Slack channel, and have data connection on PC/phone every day to do so

- Interest or curiosity in Latin America is a plus (it makes running a Latin airline easier)

- You must not have any personal bias against any current Diamond Star member

If you think you fulfill this criteria, please tell us something about yourself in a post below, replying to this thread. Please provide overview of your AS playing history, your past and present successes and failures, etc. If you have existing airlines on other servers, please link them.

We will make a selection in a few days (there is no specific deadline) and then inform you on how to proceed. The entry of the new airline will be coordinated with a wind down and gradual exit of the existing Diamond Star airline in Peru.

This looks quite interesting, I have only really ever played in the Middle East/Africa and would be very interested in discovering South America in Airlinesim.

The two things that are holding me back are: I’m a bit tight when it comes to money (i’m a student) and so spending 8 credits/day is quite a lot. I’m also very engaged in my Morrocan airline and would not like to liquidate it anytime soon. I’m happy to give this a shot but if someone else comes around wanting the opportunity I am happy to step aside.

Anyway here’s my airlinesim history as far as I can remember:

Current Airlines:

Desert Airways on Croydon since 16/04/17 based in CMN

Desert Connect on Croydon since 01/06/17 based in RAK

Previous Successful Airlines:

Desert Airways (yes I like that name :D) based in ALG March-October 2015

Desert Airways based in ALG - Summer 2014

Several Myanmar based airlines: From 2012 to 2015 all of which lasted max. 3 months but easily made profit.

Other Airlines:

Honestly, too many to count but I was too busy to run these ones, some failed, some made profit but life got in the way ):

I log in several times a day and am active on the forums.

Cheers,

Billy

Well, as stated above, Peru has a robust domestic market and good international possibilities. I have had successful airlines in Peru on several servers. As one of the members of Diamond Star I will provide a few tips from my personal experience on top of all the other info and help we will provide. This really is an excellent opportunity.

Good morning^^

I really want this chance to create a airline on a longterm server, because i had 2 airlines on Otto (Stromae Airline at Nice since march until late June)(Bolivar Air at Caracas for only one month) and currently one at Quimby (Vayu Airline). The chance to have a great community is also an intresting thing^^ 

-You must be willing to actively participate in our Slack channel, and have data connection on PC/phone every day to do so

Thats sounds so nice :D

at the end, 

i love it to think strategically and to create sth new!

Cheers,

Thomas

Please consider the below post as my formal application.

My name is Derek, and I work in the aviation field in real life. I'm currently taking business in university with the preliminary target to get into air service development. I approached the game about 3-4 months ago, lots of experimenting and learning on various servers and market conditions. I waited few weeks for the launch of Quimby VI hoping for a fresh start, but quickly found out that 1200 players was too overwhelming even in less popular markets. Current experience on permanent worlds are not that great, because I do not want to rely on assistance such as 10% leasing, and want to solely use my strategy and start from $10 million, but whenever I find a new market due to liquidation, various other competitors spring up and leverage alliance partnerships or friendships and get "outside" assistance, which makes it hard to succeed with $10 million.

I have therefore temporarily decided that my not so refined business strategies and insistence/stubbornness on going solo will not work in the mean time with so much competition. Therefore, despite having started a Chilean holding on Idlewild a few days ago, I have liquidated it with the subsequent creation of three other holdings by three other users. I had turned down an offer by a Diamond Star member to offer me 10% leasing during the brief time. While I'm not advanced at all in the AS, I am beyond a beginner now in these few months, and understanding how bookings work, how connections work, and why aircraft can be grounded. ;) I'm ambitious and want a decent-sized airline with global reach, but understand that there is patience, and I am willing to make this a long-term project. However, it's a bit disappointing when in Tempelhof, in a market with only one other competitor, I saw him grow to almost 40 Embraer 195s within the space of one month, only leasing from the official AS leasing and having no interline agreements. I tried various fleet, but new fleet used up too much security deposit and my margins could not afford a new jet a day like my competitor, and I tried old fleet with low security deposits, but the maintenance cost was so great my margins were at break even on full loads.

Therefore, I am very open to advice, learning, and a change in mindset. This can be achieved by an openness to learning from a successful Diamond Star alliance and I will be able to communicate both in message and on the Slack app.

Thank you for your consideration, and I hope the best proposal wins.

P.S.: I didn't throw in the towel for the Chilean holding because I thought it was too hard. I gave it up because I knew I was inexperienced. The Mendoza connections were too strong, and even one-stop service for the Chilean domestic market via Mendoza had ORS ratings of 70+. It would be not efficient to go point-to-point instead of a SCL one-stop hub, as the O&D loads would be hard to even fill a ATR-sized small aircraft, combined with the vast distance due to the geography of Chile. Even if done right, the ORS increase would be minimal and not worth the investment. With one stop hub in SCL, the ORS increase over Mendoza would be minimal as well, and even without any domestic competition, would take a very long period of time to even come close to existing competition from Argentina. Therefore, I couldn't come up with a good business strategy to succeed, and have come to the conclusion I must ignore my stubbornness to go at it alone, and find mentoring/alliance/opportunities until I am more experienced.

Okay, I think I'll opt out of this one. It would be unfair for me to take this from two members who haven't really had the opportunity like this in the past. I already have an airline I am dedicated too whilst the other two applicants will probably show a lot more dedication to this Peruvian airline. 

Thanks for the opportunity anyway,

Billy 

Peru is really quite a good market. It allows you to run airlines with revenue of several hundred million AS$ and hundreds of aircraft, if and when fully developed.

Diamond Star invites you to participate in Peru on Idlewild. The current member has been idle and expressed his desire of possible exit. This is your chance!

We will select a player from interested candidates, fulfilling the required criteria:

- Understanding of AS is absolutely required. If you have to ask why you have no bookings or why your aircraft was grounded, sorry to say but you are not a candidate for this project (but we will gladly refer you to written and youtube tutorials and answer some tutoring questions by private message). You should be an AS players who knows how to play, and who wishes to run a great, profitable medium-to-large airline.

- You must demonstrate your AS history*

* If you have had several resets but keep trying, and have been with AS for at least 6 months, you are welcome to apply, we will teach you how to play.

- You must be willing to learn and be open to advice and implement strategy change

- You must have a commitment to Peru for at least 1 year

- You must be willing to actively participate in our Slack channel, and have data connection on PC/phone every day to do so

- Interest or curiosity in Latin America is a plus (it makes running a Latin airline easier)

- You must not have any personal bias against any current Diamond Star member

If you think you fulfill this criteria, please tell us something about yourself in a post below, replying to this thread. Please provide overview of your AS playing history, your past and present successes and failures, etc. If you have existing airlines on other servers, please link them.

We will make a selection in a few days (there is no specific deadline) and then inform you on how to proceed. The entry of the new airline will be coordinated with a wind down and gradual exit of the existing Diamond Star airline in Peru.

Any update? :) I see that the previous Peru startup on Idlewild liquidated.

I would be interested in taking on Peru.  I started with AS back when the Nicosia server started up.  I drifted away for a while, but recently came back and have been relearning the game and all of the changes.  I currently having running three successful airlines (Columbiana on Aspern, Southeastern Express and Southeastern Skyways both on Nicosia), and one that looks like it will be successful (Aerie Linaria Tunisia, also on Nicosia).  Have had multiple restarts along the way, but all four of these airlines are profitable and expanding.  That said, learning a new or better way to do something is always good :)

Spent several years working in the airline/aerospace industry and along the way have ended up with two masters degrees - 1 in aerospace management, the other in aerospace safety systems.  Usually spend a couple of hours spread throughout the day tending to my airlines.  The whole effort and idea behind building a network is something that helps my mind to relax.

If you think that I would be a good fit, let me know.  I can start started building the an airline today.

Chris