Possible bug on servers without ground network

Hey there,
I have the suspicion that there is a possible bug on servers that have ground networks disabled.

I think there is a demand between bigger airports of the same city. Obviously flying those routes directly is not allowed, but pax will inevitably reroute on connections.

I know it might not be the biggest of issues but I thought it’s interesting…

What do you mean that passengers will “reroute” ? You cannot fly from JFK to LGA via BOS or PHL because that would be beyond 2.5 times permitted direct distance.

I do have pax who fly SVO-KUF-DME. I have 64 outbound connex pax on SVO-KUF and 64 inbound connex pax on KUF-DME. From KUF I only operate to SVO, DME and VKO.

However I think it does go a step further:
On KUF-DME I operate an A320 with 162 seats, all booked out. Now I have 64 inbound connex pax (coming from SVO), however the flight also has 150 outbound connex pax in DME, meaning that at least some, possibly all of the passengers coming originally from SVO take another onward flight in DME.

Now you have to know the server is quite new and there is not many competition in this area of the world. Because there was another player in SVO when I joined I created my primary hub in DME, from where I also operate quite lengthy flights (Eastern Russia like VVO, PKC etc.). So I think that these pax take all the detour SVO-KUF-DME just to get from MOW to somewhere in eastern Russia.

It’s a quirk of servers where ground transportation is disabled, but I think we’ll stop seeing this behaviour once there is more competition.

That’s it I’d say. So nothing wrong here IMO.