Profits

I am Britain international an STN airline. 

As a new airline I would like to know how long does it take to get profits and your seat load factor to rise.

Average around 45% for the first 24hrs of operation. No 3 day delay.

Aircraft

A320               around 115 seats

Dash 8 Q400   58 seats

Boeing 737-300 112 seats

Alright, I'll look over your flight schedule, I'll get back to you in 5 minutes

Hi Adam,

The 3 day delay is highly recomended as it sometimes takes 3 days of bookings to get the most passengers.

You also have to remember that starting up in the UK is something which is highly competitive. Of the 5 biggest airlines in Europe, 3 of them are based in London (LHR, LGW etc.) so you have a massive ammount of competition from some very large airlines. To break into a market which is highly competitive you need to look at niche routes which are not operated by any operator and start from there.

That aside with the greatest respect, you have been told before, you need a good short haul network (30-50 odd short haul aircarft) to make any money out of long haul.

Hope this helps

Ian

Hi Adam,

The 3 day delay is highly recomended as it sometimes takes 3 days of bookings to get the most passengers.

You also have to remember that starting up in the UK is something which is highly competitive. Of the 5 biggest airlines in Europe, 3 of them are based in London (LHR, LGW etc.) so you have a massive ammount of competition from some very large airlines. To break into a market which is highly competitive you need to look at niche routes which are not operated by any operator and start from there.

That aside with the greatest respect, you have been told before, you need a good short haul network (30-50 odd short haul aircarft) to make any money out of long haul.

Hope this helps

Ian

Scouser Airways here, He did actually have a good airline going (in terms of fleet, destinations) but he bought a new plane when his balance was close to 0, the first flight was a loss due to underbooking (I'm assuming he didn't use 3 day delay) and so his airline went bankrupt, which then caused our alliance to terminate.

But was it a good airline at making a profit (even before the new plane)? Did the airline ever reach a full week in operation?

It wasn't making profits yet. In Day 2

Good News my Loads are rising. 

Only competitive routes are STN-FRA STN-AMS STN-ORY STN-MAD

otherwise the routes may have 1-2 competitors and some I am the only carrier.

My route examples are STN-GIB STN-LRH  STN-LPL STN-IST STN-SSH STN-SOU STN-IOM STN-HEL STN-TAN STN-JFK STN-BOS 

On Day 2 loads are 48% and rising. 

The prices are around the same as competitors and I use ECO Plus and Buisness premium seats I have seen sales rocket on STN-FRA STN -AMS STN-JFK STN-ORY.

Hi Adam,

Thats great news, im glad its working out for you. What I was trying to say is that when you start a route from STN say to GIB, there may not be direct competition, but there will be a proportion of passengers travelling STN-LGW-GIB, STN-LHR-GIB etc. so even though there may not be direct competition there may be in direct competition from other London airports.

It might be a good idea to have a better service than competitors, but bare in mind with less seats on an aircraft, your prices will have to be higher to produce a profit.

Thanks

Ian

I use the best a service which is great for short haul and another one for every flight over 1,500km which is the best of everything. Loads are still on the rise and flights have been raised only by up to 40$ so competitive my strategy is a bit more BA than Easyjet in the real world.

I mean in real airline terms. So I classy full service.

Saw a nice cheap aircraft so I bid and got it. New Routes are Milan MXP (3 Weekly) Toronto Pearson (Weekly) Barcelona (2 Weekly)  Nantes (3 Weekly) Manchetser (3 Weekly) Belgrade (6 Weekly) It is an Boeing 757 with 147 Seats 137 in Eco Plus and 10 In business premium. 

For the 1st time a 3 day delay will be used and prices will be high but with top service. 

I looked and raised FRA AMS which are fully booked days before so they are profitable when full.  They where minus 19% so i rose them by 25%.

One more thing Adamchin, our interlining agreement can't work if you fly to the same location(s) as me, my load has dropped from 92% to 61% since you started flying to Amsterdam

I will cut back my services by 294 seats. Instead new destination for the beoing 757 will be Dublin.

Sorry Manchester and Glasgow. 

I think the Boeing 757 was the problem as a connection was possible on a service to STN operated by me then to connect on that service.