Quimby, amazing success or cheating ?

There are 2 airlines in Quimby that, along with their subsidiaries, have incredibly large fleets for so early on in the game. Looking at how much their leasing deposits would have cost, they've both made at least $24,000,000 in less than 2 weeks. They've both already been reported, but I have no idea how they've managed such growth so fast. Usually you can at least see how they're doing it, and most of the time it's not technically cheating, but these cases have me stumped. Not naming any names, but one is based in the USA, the other in China, the holding companies have regional jets, the subsidiaries have widebodies. Other than hacking the code, I have absolutely no idea how this is happening . . . 

I have not seen any obvious case of cheating on Quimby like I have previously seen on all other worlds launches. Could you please DM me the name of theese airlines and I will take a look at them with my "UAB instincts".

It's a good thing you're not mentioning any names here, but the discussion here probably won't really be helpful, I'm afraid.

The important thing is that those airlines get reported - and even if they already are, it won't hurt if you e-mail AirlineSim support to check it.

Regarding the cases you described, I'm pretty sure I now which airlines you are referring to. They are currently being checked by AirlineSim support (me).

the discussion here probably won't really be helpful, I'm afraid.

Well there is of course the possibility that they're not cheating at all, and if that's the case then I'm just interested in discussing what their possible strategies might be  . . . 

Well there is of course the possibility that they're not cheating at all, and if that's the case then I'm just interested in discussing what their possible strategies might be  . . . 

Well you need to figure out by yourself. I doubt that most of the successful airlines are willing to voluntarily sharing their critical success factors here..

I was having a look at the two airlines and I’ve never seen that done before. Having wide bodies in a sub and then operate regional jets in the holding.

Well you need to figure out by yourself. I doubt that most of the successful airlines are willing to voluntarily sharing their critical success factors here..

No I don't need to figure it out by myself. Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly, but I started this thread to discuss with other players (NOT the 2 players I already mentioned) about possible reasons why those 2 players have been so successful. Most information on a players strategy will be available to anyone if they know how to look for it, i.e. you can find seating configurations via Fleet Lists and you can find fares with the Online Reservation System. With those 2 players that I mentioned, I still can't find the reason why they have made so much money, their strategy is a mystery, maybe it's because they're cheating, but maybe not and maybe other players (not those 2 of course) might be able to help figure it out. 

No I don't need to figure it out by myself. Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly, but I started this thread to discuss with other players (NOT the 2 players I already mentioned) about possible reasons why those 2 players have been so successful. Most information on a players strategy will be available to anyone if they know how to look for it, i.e. you can find seating configurations via Fleet Lists and you can find fares with the Online Reservation System. With those 2 players that I mentioned, I still can't find the reason why they have made so much money, their strategy is a mystery, maybe it's because they're cheating, but maybe not and maybe other players (not those 2 of course) might be able to help figure it out.

I found out how he got all those aircraft, I’ll send it to you in a PM

Why the secret?

60 seats in 2 classes in a CS100

41 seats in 2 classes in a CRJ700

188 seats in a 787

He can charge what he wants since all others play realistically from the get-go.

Playing "fair" is something else but then again, it's not against rules/not regulated so far which is sad me thinks.

Why the secret?

60 seats in 2 classes in a CS100

41 seats in 2 classes in a CRJ700

188 seats in a 787

He can charge what he wants since all others play realistically from the get-go.

Playing "fair" is something else but then again, it's not against rules/not regulated so far which is sad me thinks.

I'm not going to say much else, but the reason why those 2 airlines have gotten so big has been identified, and the AS team has been alerted.

There is just no way that under any normal conditions that any airline could have made $24,000,000 in less than 2 weeks time, especially with such small aircraft. Even if they had packed their planes with Slimline Economy seats and sold them all as First Class at 200% pricing they just couldn't have made that much money !!! It's basic maths . . . .