Relaunch production of the Il-114

http://www.rusaviainsider.com/uac-confirms-final-assembly-of-il-114-at-sokol/

This August, it has been anounced that Russia will relauch in Nijni Novgorod the production Ilyushin Il-114, production which was taking place until 2012 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. This is due to the fact that the Antonov An-140 is no longer aviable to the Russian market, and that Poutine, due to Western sanctions, wants a locally built regional turboprop.

Do you now if it will be possible to order some of them any time soon (is it planed ?). The aircraft is suposed to be the same except new engines.

mmmmmmmmm... poutine.  J'aime ca.

I am sure that, if that actually happens, it will be considered. no point in speculating, though.

I'm guessing it would be something similar to the new airplanes: it would be available to order once it starts getting delivered to airlines again.

I recall reading something similar when they said relaunch Il-96 production last year…

Yes.

The An-74 (maybe with the crisis in crimea it has changed) and the Il-96-400 are still being produced and delivered, although at an horrible rate.

Does someone knows why they are not in the game ? I would love to fly a couple of Il-96.

The Il-96 is produced at a massive rate of 0-3 planes a year. And no Il-96-400 is going to be delivered anytime soon it seems, so don't wait for it too much as for now. It has 3 orders with Cubana tho...

The An-74 is as much in production as is the Il-96... since 1998 at max 2 were delivered a year, mostly less. There don't seem to be any actual plans for anyone to operate the An-74-300 models that were "announced" (no orders whatsoever)... soo... The An-74 in general is available tho (on older servers at least).

The Il-96 is produced at a massive rate of 0-3 planes a year. And no Il-96-400 is going to be delivered anytime soon it seems, so don't wait for it too much as for now. It has 3 orders with Cubana tho...

The An-74 is as much in production as is the Il-96... since 1998 at max 2 were delivered a year, mostly less. There don't seem to be any actual plans for anyone to operate the An-74-300 models that were "announced" (no orders whatsoever)... soo... The An-74 in general is available tho (on older servers at least).

I know, but as the Il-114 were implemented in the first place, or the An-148/158 is as well (and are not produced at a more impressive rate than the Il-96), I thought maybe.

But anyway, it is no big deal, just it could be fun. I'm enjoying flying Let410, An148 and Tu204 so far, so I wondered ^^

So, I’ve done some deeper searches.

It does appear that the status of the An-74 is pretty much unknown due to the crisis between Russia and Ukrain, and it is not clear that orders can be placed.

Regarding the Il-114, we will have to wait for a couple of years to see a proper relaunch.

However, I still don’t understand the position for the Il-96. It is still in production, is being delivered, there are still orders placed for it. Mainly for institutions, but their is 3 order by Cubana. And even if the -400 version would ask some work which might not be prioriatry, the -300 could easily be switched back on as it already exist in the game, no ?

As for the slow rate, it is no different from Let’s, Do228ng, britten, An148, Tu204 or every eastern aircraft apart from ssj.

And it would enable RolePlay for Russian and third world countries airline (i doubt they would upset the market given their operating costs).

And if you want to be thorough regarding thus matter, while Il-96 should be put back on, the An-140 should probably be discontinued as since the crisis, it can’t be produced.

However, I still don't understand the position for the Il-96. It is still in production, is being delivered, there are still orders placed for it. Mainly for institutions, but their is 3 order by Cubana. 

Yes, but are the new deliveries already being used in active scheduled flights at this moment? That has always been the criteria for new airplanes, so should be applying here as well.

Yes, but are the new deliveries already being used in active scheduled flights at this moment? That has always been the criteria for new airplanes, so should be applying here as well.

Well, it seems that the Il-96 are being used by Cubana on a regular basis. You can spot them, if you're lucky, in Madrid, paris ou Buenos Aires.

It is common knowledge that Cubana uses IL96s but are they new made ones? I am going to Cuba in a couple of days and I am sure I will have an interesting time at the airport in Havana. 

So says Airfleets; 3 IL-96-300s delivered 2005/6, one more delivered 2014 (from Aeroflot, original delivery 1993).  

Cubana seems to have 4 Il-96-300 as of now. 3 active, 1 stored, 1 incoming. Interestingly enough the newest (del. to Cubana new) is the one plane being stored. 3 were newly delivered to Cubana in 2005/2006, the latest additions are 25 y/o from Aeroflot.

Maybe you can catch yourself the Cubana/Aeroflot hybrid? :D

Well, I guess you're right, and I (we ?) should just wait until they start delivering Il-96-400 to civilian operators, which would be sometime around 2019 if everything goes as planned.

Sur, flying with Cubana, it is either An-158, Tu-204 or Il-96, so pretty damn interesting planes :) (although, they lease some spanish 767 if I recall correctly).