Scheduling during AC delivery

Hello,

I think that would be very helpful to plan the transfer flight and the scheduling of each particular AC, even during the delivery period.

Won't happen. They keep this blocked for the fact that someone can block slots like this. There were ways you could do this in the past by exploiting a bug in the code, but they closed that hole and probably won't open it again.

Maybe AS could make a compromise.

They should allow to plan the flights 12 hours before develivery of the aircraft but this only for aircrafts with a delivery period exceeding 12 hours.

Caithes is correct .... the loophole is closed and will not be opend again. We are currently looking in those things as well as part of the overhaul that is currently under way so if there is something new we will publish it of course.

I could see the problem. On the other hand it´s difficult if you order a widebody jet such like 748 which then only has 1 day to update or three till it´s flying for the first time. A two day period would not be to bad since it takes 36 hours for delivery and then another 24 till first possible departure which makes at least 60 hours. And if you need another day for bookings it´s gonna be 84 hours. That´s half a week´s lease or in numbers more than half a million AS$ while the plane is vacuumed ;-)

A narrowbody would only take 45 or less. And the leasing costs sum up while you wait for your first departure. What about paying the lease beginning with the first departure or 48 hours later?

Andf by the way... just to make sure... the max transfer time for passengers is 8 hours regardless of airport size right?

You don’t pay leasing costs until the aircraft is delivered? You pay the deposit when you order but instalments are all based on when the aircraft is delivered

I see why pre-delivery scheduling is blocked, but I’d welcome if I could schedule the transfer flight as soon as I place the aircraft order. Props take their time until they’re transferred, hence I’m losing almost a full scheduled day anyways. The transfer commencing right at time of delivery could at least save a few hours.

You don't pay leasing costs until the aircraft is delivered? You pay the deposit when you order but instalments are all based on when the aircraft is delivered

I know that of course. But still... a day on the ground of a 748 is still a hell lot of money

Thank you for the explainations, I didn't know this issue.

I know that of course. But still... a day on the ground of a 748 is still a hell lot of money

It's also a big money maker. There is a lot of strategy in AS, and it extends to every decision players make. I always make sure I know when a new aircraft will be delivered, and try to make sure I don't have ten aircrafts' lease payments coming out of my account within 2 minutes. Attending to things like this can be beneficial, however, to look at it on the other end...

A new 787 (without discount) on lease costs $6.35 million on deposit and $635,000 a week in lease payment. The deposit doesn't matter long-term. It is the same price on Monday as it is on Thursday. The lease payment of $635,000 spread out over a week is just over $90,000 a day. If $90k is going to make or break your airline, then you probably shouldn't be spending $6.35 million on a deposit, and $635,000 weekly, for a 787.

Also, if you keep that 787 for six months, and it has two flights a week (from a hub out 11 hours, then back 11 hours and maintenance), and you profit even $20,000 a flight, which is a very low number, you'll make $7.2 million over that period of time from that one plane.. That first missed day cost you 1.25% profit over the six months you had the plane.