Smaller game worlds

Why not make more game worlds with lesser space. Now 1200 players can be on one game world. Why not make that let's say 500 per game world. Will it not be more realistic than it is now. Now you have on some major US airports like 5 or 6 major players. In the real world you have one at ATL, one at DEN, one at ORD, one at PHL, ....

In Europe you have one ( max 2 ) larger airlines at one airport, in the game you sometimes have 5 or 6 of those...

Just a suggestion.

as the gameworld develops the big airports will be left with only a few big players....its just natural development

go to the "old" servers, there are only 240 - 450 players

Why not make that let's say 500 per game world. Will it not be more realistic than it is now.

Currently on Wikipedia there are around 5100 airlines listed including defunct companies. And also ORD currently has two major  airlines United and AA both of which are two of the worlds largest airlines in terms of passenger numbers.

I think the 1200 is good considering the large number of servers which have less than 400 holdings. There are also countries in Airlinesim that have no airlines where as in the real world these countries will have 2 or 3 airlines.

How about the opposite? There are almost 50,000 airports in real life... :)

Yep, but not with scheduled commercial service ;)

In all honesty, after plying airlinesim for 2.5 years or so, and having one of the biggest airlines on the server, the current server by far offers the most realistic market.

Good competitors, a dynamic AGEX, slightly smaller profits which makes sure you expand more carefully. And I suppose I will get the ultimate joy when I kick out my competitors after all the hardwork!

Thank you AS team.

Ultimately, it comes down to who is running their business the best. Regardless of the size of the world, those with the best business models, etc., will come out on top. Such is life in the real world, as well.

^ Natural selection ;)

Besides, more people makes it interesting, I think that I can speak for all of us when I say that if the game was easy, we wouldn't be playing right now.

^ Natural selection ;)

Besides, more people makes it interesting, I think that I can speak for all of us when I say that if the game was easy, we wouldn't be playing right now.

Exactly. That is part of the reason I moved away from some of the other games.