Star Jet/White Fin Airlines

Thought I'd contribute to the revival of the Kaitak forum by presenting you my two airlines.

#1, my test project, White Fin Airlines:

I started the airlines with a tight, $3 million budget and have continued to operate as a niche carrier ever since the company was founded. IPO was last week and I was able to add two older Dash-Q400As to the fleet. One of them now serves ICT and ORD out of Milwaukee, the other was flown to my reopened Raleigh/Durham base and serves Greensboro, Charleston, Richmond, Norfolk and Greenville. Apart from that I have two Dash-Q400As and three Dash-Q300As that are stationed at my three Texas bases, the biggest of which being Dallas Love Field. I also have some aircraft at Houston's Hobby Airport and one Dash Q400A in the lone star state's capital, Austin.

I did start an IL agreement with Wichita-based BIRD and I am connected to their network through my DAL and HOU bases. The aforementioned carrier plans to expand and build an intercontinental hub come December and White Fin will play a key role by being the hub's regional feeder to smaller communities in the U.S. and Canada. I also was able to break even today and will add at least one new aircraft before the new hub is opened and might shift some of the aircraft I already operate to this hub in order to meet the demand once it begins to take shape.

#2, trying something new, Star Jet:

This is my second try with this airline. I first founded it in  Charlotte but quickly realized that this was somebody else's market and had to liquidate the company. Now I relaunched it in Lincoln, Nebraska. The fact, that there is no shortage of slots, makes it very convenient to build a hub, not to mention the 45-minote lay-over times and the city's central location in the United States. I started off with 11 MD-90ERs, one MD-88 and also a single MD-87 (for my service to SNA, an airport that has only a very short runway). So far, most of my flights are generating profits in a range of about 3,000-6,000 bucks. However, the first day of operation was today and I'm not sure how the numbers will look like just in another day or two, it'll be interesting to see how that develops. If possible, I will try to add Anchorage to my range of destinations and perhaps try to get Jet Set to enter a cooperation ;)

Okay, that was my presentation of both of my operational enterprises. If you have any question and/useful advice, just let me know :)

PS: Pardon my sometimes shaky English. I am half-American but I was born and raised in Germany and even though me and my father only speak to each other in English and visit or relatives in Milwaukee every year, I get mixed up sometimes when expressing myself  :unsure:

It's really strange to have two holdings in one country...

It's really strange to have two holdings in one country...

I did that because I am really just trying things out right now. Especially Star Jet. This airline was just supposed to be a side project to try out a variety of strategies etc. But now that it's actually working I will continue to run both of them and I will decide over which one to keep down the road. Maybe I'll find somebody to help transfer White Fin Airlines to my other holding company, then I wouldn't have that "problem"