Strategy in Riem

I think he means a total of 5-10m EBT Profit till this moment (around 3 weeks). It would be beyond my imagination if 12m+ per week can be achieved in the server right now

Alright…that’s fine with me :smiley:

Anyone an educated guess where a good EBT ratio should be around at this phase in riem? Started almost two weeks ago with airline sim therefore no experience with that so far.

Alright...that's fine with me :D

Anyone an educated guess where a good EBT ratio should be around at this phase in riem? Started almost two weeks ago with airline sim therefore no experience with that so far.

I presume an average player should achieve at least 4M+

I confirm, my airlines are between 4 and 6M

Eventhough the other thread is still hot discussing some strategy, I don't like the tone and title, so I'm shamelessly bumping my own old thread. Hopefully strategy discussion here will be able to give better insight and doesn't turn into another player bashing, hopefully lol..

So as some might aware, AGEX on Riem has plunge approximately 20% within the last 90 days, meaning that since the world start, the AGEX is actually in steady downward trend despite very short term up and down fluctuation. As an ordinary player without behind the scene knowledge, I would guess this is how the God of the Riem control demand, at least a factor of it, they might also load lower demand number for each airport, who knew.

In real world, the Economic Index usually goes hand in hand with Stock Index, but now in Riem, while Economic Index showing downward trend, the stock market is still bullish, meaning airlines which trade their stock in the market are actually growing in contrast to AGEX indicator. Before anyone accuse that the growth come from people utilizing bug, don't worry, those behemoth airlines usually prefer to keep the airline for themselves. So this stock index actually represent the hard-working airline growing and this show that Riem still have quite a room to grow for airlines, both for new comers and existing ones.

However, with the AGEX rate of descent of 20% per 90 days, the growth opportunity is losing fast. It's difficult to estimate how much more supply we can throw before the market get saturated. But one thing I noticed, my standard config of business class currently experience a significant reduction in number of bookings. Kinda make sense if people start flying in cattle class during economic downturn so this might indicate market saturation in business segment, thus to maintain load factor, we need to reduce capacity and also probable offer better seating to keep our passenger as well as steal some passengers from our competitor.

As the market get saturated, my strategy currently is to use smaller long haul aircraft, offering above average seating config and service, while look for new unserved route, where you still can squeeze some dollar from the passengers. Also close cooperation with your partner might prove critical to your survival. So yeah, this is to get the discussion going, see of others have different insight.  :D

I experienced two AGEX falls, and usually business/first is affected more than economy. What I noticed last year was that with falling AGEX players tend to improve seating in both Y and C and at that time reconfigure for lower C class seat count. Usually, routes that were performing so-so before AGEX fall become loss making routes, or in other words AGEX effect is seen more in under-performing routes (compared to average performance) than in average or over-performing routes. Example, if you run an average 80-85% LF, and have these 3 sample routes:  70% LF, 90% LF and 100% LF routes, with low AGEX the 70% LF route will go as low as 40%, 90% LF route may drop to 80% and 100% LF route to 95%. Many 100% LF routes especially trunk routes will stay in 98%-100% radius. The reason why under-performing routes (e.g. in this case the 70% LF route) drops down much more than average or over-performing routes is that these underperformers have weak connection and weak O/D to begin with. When AGEX falls, the connections become scarcer and factors that affected underperformance in the first place (e.g. long connection times for that flight) will be multiplied with low AGEX. Routes that got passengers from 3 leg itineraries now might not get those as the passenger count is lower, so the 3 leg itineraries are so far on the ORS that there are no passengers left to assign to them.

I don't know what current AGEX is on Riem, but it would go as low as low 700's, and would stay in the <800 level for about 3-4 months bumping up and down, then slowly climb again. That is a general AGEX experience from multiple servers.

AGEX Riem

90 days ago 1032 / today 826

I see, so the AGEX dropping to 700 is to be expected and got nothing to do with reduced demand in Riem then. I'm ready to change seating configuration to anticipate lower bookings for the next couple months as well as adjusting price to some affected flights. Let's see how it goes..

What I have shown you in AYT should work pretty well on Riem with low demand.

it should works, but without the cheap leases that you provide, it's gonna be painfully slow progress, lol

So.... How does one get some cheap leases, lol. 

by having filthy rich friend, lol

I see, so the AGEX dropping to 700 is to be expected and got nothing to do with reduced demand in Riem then. I'm ready to change seating configuration to anticipate lower bookings for the next couple months as well as adjusting price to some affected flights. Let's see how it goes..

Well at least it seems that the AGEX did not experience a downwards trend anymore (780 dip) and decided to kick back to 850 after your words :). Meaning high load factors again!

When it’s in the 700 level or goes bumping up and down within a range of 50 to 100 points. While bumps are present, the overall nature of demand curve is rather flat during that period.

RIEM players, shopping time! A gigantic airline has just collapse and its massive fleet of aircraft are popping out in the the market.

have your cash ready and join the shopping spree, all of these aircraft must go and they will not wait, hurry! 

Which one did go down?