Strategy in Riem

First post in the new world!  B)

Just started in Riem, and they said Riem is advanced game world, with greatly reduced demand and no used aircraft. So what's your strategy for this world? 

Since demand is reduced and everyone can only get new aircraft, I would think that slot should not be a problem. Everyone will grow slowly and the critical success factor is to use the aircraft efficiently and create departure and arrival wave in more structured way. What you think?

Regardless how low is the demand, at game world start it does not matter, you will always get your planes full for the first few weeks.

Btw how can you spot a newbie on a new gameworld? Look at schedule if you see 3 day activation, it's a newbie.

I am not going to play, but my strategy would be:

(private message sent with details)

but basically, it all goes around earning as much money as possible as fast as possible to expand as much as possible within the first 2-3 weeks.

With the implement of the new system, at last I can build my long haul network without a pain in scheduling. So I am going for longer haul this time.

Regardless how low is the demand, at game world start it does not matter, you will always get your planes full for the first few weeks.

Btw how can you spot a newbie on a new gameworld? Look at schedule if you see 3 day activation, it's a newbie.

but basically, it all goes around earning as much money as possible as fast as possible to expand as much as possible within the first 2-3 weeks.

please tell me as well, I have tried with another world since 2 years ago but it turned not good

Well, I will try like always. To build a bespoke hub planning my flights to major airports and slowly increase the fleet as far as I can afford. I also focus on quality rather than cram as many pax into the aircraft while the competition is still low. So I expect to grow a bit slower than others, but that's fine for me. Don't need to be the biggest, but the best :P

Obviously I try to schedule closer airports first, to get more flight, thus more pax and make more money, but it's a bit limited from my hub in Hong Kong.

I wouldn't try long haul too early, as you need a good feeder network before you can fill long haul flights. At least that is my experience.

Well, I will try like always. To build a bespoke hub planning my flights to major airports and slowly increase the fleet as far as I can afford. I also focus on quality rather than cram as many pax into the aircraft while the competition is still low. So I expect to grow a bit slower than others, but that's fine for me. Don't need to be the biggest, but the best :P

Obviously I try to schedule closer airports first, to get more flight, thus more pax and make more money, but it's a bit limited from my hub in Hong Kong.

I wouldn't try long haul too early, as you need a good feeder network before you can fill long haul flights. At least that is my experience.

Wow, I'm digesting both of this suggestion and seriously considering a reset. Being the biggest one is certainly not my goal, but earning a little bit more of cash in the beginning surely make your dream airline a little bit easier to achieve. Thank you guys.

Hi, 

I was wondering in what region profit should range after the first operating weeks. In other words, how much EBT is to be expected? A few hundred thousands? A few millions? 10 millions or more?  

Hard question, as I do not play on riem personally but if you have some experience whit the game and know it well you should be at between 5-10 million, I would not say someone is over 12 million but it is possible and not so hard. If you are under 2 million total EBT you should chamge something.

Thanks. It seems then that my EBT is good but not perfect. There's definitely room for improvements then. 

The most successful airline I've seen so far is Rot Country Airlines:

http://riem.airlinesim.aero/app/info/enterprises/1824?80&tab=0

Quite effective way of exploiting the game mechanics by filling up the entire aircraft with Bussiness class Lie-Flat 140 seats and fly from London Heathrow to international Longhaul destionations where demand is big.

( 60 seats in the Boeing 737-700 and 133 in the 787 ).

Up to 29 million in security deposits now it seems.

And of course they are quite a few slot blockers with LETs at major airports. You know who you are… our Chinese friends. 57 LETs that’s like 57 million in deposit, I think.

The obvious difference is that the LF 140 seats strategy will be okay, while the LET strategy is prohibited and asking for trouble.

The most successful airline I've seen so far is Rot Country Airlines:

You aren't doing too bad either. Just over 19M AS$ in SD. 

57 LETs that's like 57 million in deposit, I think.

The security deposit per LET 410 is 100,000 AS$ if you buy them one by one. If you order 57 a/c at once, the overall SD is just 5,415,000 AS$ with for 114 million AS$ worth of equipment.

OK I got those numbers wrong… but 57 LETs will still hog a beautiful number of slots.

And of course they are quite a few slot blockers with LETs at major airports. You know who you are... our Chinese friends.

Yeah. Sometimes I wonder, is the AS team really investigating the airlines that are reported? I spotted a few airlines with mostly LETs from mega airports reported for over a week and nothing happened, as well as a very suspicious multi account user.

Yeah. Sometimes I wonder, is the AS team really investigating the airlines that are reported? I spotted a few airlines with mostly LETs from mega airports reported for over a week and nothing happened, as well as a very suspicious multi account user.

Apart from blocking a slot or two for ourselves with our planes. Nothing we can do except reporting them.

PEK is usually the airport being affected most, with the slot availability down to 60% in less than a month (I don't mean anything about the blockers' origin  :wacko:)

Hard question, as I do not play on riem personally but if you have some experience whit the game and know it well you should be at between 5-10 million, I would not say someone is over 12 million but it is possible and not so hard. If you are under 2 million total EBT you should chamge something.

5-10m EBT Profit After two weeks? Per week or total? Seems only possible if I count in the first two whole operating weeks. Otherwise I might have done some major things wrong…while having a margin above 33% (lease rates counted in)

5-10m EBT Profit After two weeks? Per week or total? Seems only possible if I count in the first two whole operating weeks. Otherwise I might have done some major things wrong...while having a margin above 33% (lease rates counted in)

I think he means a total of 5-10m EBT Profit till this moment (around 3 weeks). It would be beyond my imagination if 12m+ per week can be achieved in the server right now

China and Let410 seems to be a thing at the moment. A new airline launched with 80 Let410.