Succeeding on an old server

Succeeding on an old server....is it possible?

I'm trying to succeed on an old server but it's so difficult as nearly every market is full saturated by companies worth mountains of cash. These airlines invest in other countries for fun and just to spend their money, it's so hard to compete with them.

Now this isn't a complaint, very well done to those players, but does anyone have a strategy or advice for trying to compete as a start up with just $10 million? I'm a fairly decent player, but I could definitely improve so looking for some tips.

I'm aware there is the opportunities thread, but as soon as something is posted there 6 airlines start up in that hub.

Thanks for any tips.

Ive just set up in Kaitak. 9 days in and i have 40 planes. Just have to find the right market. There is some out there.

40 planes… Which planes? Cannot be good ones…

To the thread opener: there are ways to succeed. Pm me and I will give you some hints.

Ive just set up in Kaitak. 9 days in and i have 40 planes. Just have to find the right market. There is some out there.

Are you sure you set up on Kaitak at all? The server does not show your username among active players.

You can always search for open spots using www.asroutemap.info. Under start you have a few options to find a good region. Once you selected a country of your choice, use the hub planner under the tools menu of the map, to compare different hubs.

It doesn’t help you with the strategy, but gives you a fact based way to select a starting place.

Are you sure you set up on Kaitak at all? The server does not show your username among active players.

Very sure :) And plenty of cheap A320s/A319 knocking around with nobody in my market (bar one small airline) im 150% prices.

Do you mind giving us a name? There’s no new airline on Kaitak that matches your statement.

Succeeding on an old server....is it possible?

I'm trying to succeed on an old server but it's so difficult as nearly every market is full saturated by companies worth mountains of cash. These airlines invest in other countries for fun and just to spend their money, it's so hard to compete with them.

Now this isn't a complaint, very well done to those players, but does anyone have a strategy or advice for trying to compete as a start up with just $10 million? I'm a fairly decent player, but I could definitely improve so looking for some tips.

I'm aware there is the opportunities thread, but as soon as something is posted there 6 airlines start up in that hub.

Thanks for any tips.

I have to disagree with this. I recently looked at every single server. I was looking to set up in a new country where you could have a decent domestic market. I looked at countries such as Mexico, Saudi, Egypt, Nigeria etc. Plenty of opportunities everywhere. Just go into browse mode on the server and look at the statistics for passengers in those countries. Quite often half the airlines are holding companies and sometimes what remains are small airlines which a newbie could easily compete with. 

Another way a new player can gain good experience is to start up in a small country like Turkmenistan, Mongolia etc. A viable domestic market albeit mainly to the capital city, Nice regional opportunities. Most servers have examples like these. You can learn more in 4 weeks in one of these countries than in 3 months trying to compete in highly competitive markets like Europe and the US. You can play around with aircraft types, seating, quality of service, staff pay etc. You can see how your image goes up and down. You can gauge demand between different airport ratings. Also you are more likely to get interlining with other airlines as you will be exclusive to that country and you can see how that benefits, or not, your load factor. More important you can make errors, recover easily and understand your mistake. Try doing that in Europe. Lets not forget the effects of AGEX.

Very sure :) And plenty of cheap A320s/A319 knocking around with nobody in my market (bar one small airline) im 150% prices.

Not as player "Eireann".

What is this airline that you speak off, btw  Flyfaster, Nicosia has got quite a lot of places to start with high demand 

Not as player "Eireann".

Oh no, because I log in with FB - my name in game on the  forums is different for some reason. 

Oh no, because I log in with FB - my name in game on the  forums is different for some reason. 

So what is ur name then, or better still what is the airline? 

So what is ur name then, or better still what is the airline? 

Why would I tell when I dominate my own market..... 

You can work it out :) 

Ofcourse it is possible to start on an old server. I made over 8 million dollars in my first week on an old server.

Why would I tell when I dominate my own market..... 

You can work it out :slight_smile:

kindergarten continues...

Just leave it as it is. Eireann is not obligated to tell. Anyhow I’m sure the reason why people are curious might be the possibility of multi accounts.

Eireann, would you mind pm me your in game user name? In that way we can avoid accusations about multi accounts in the future.

1 Like

Just leave it as it is. Eireann is not obligated to tell. Anyhow I'm sure the reason why people are curious might be the possibility of multi accounts.

Eireann, would you mind pm me your in game user name? In that way we can avoid accusations about multi accounts in the future.

Sure!

40 planes... Which planes? Cannot be good ones...

To the thread opener: there are ways to succeed. Pm me and I will give you some hints.

No they are not great planes - just to fill out the market quickly, 16-25 aged planes. 

Just leave it as it is. Eireann is not obligated to tell. Anyhow I'm sure the reason why people are curious might be the possibility of multi accounts.

Yeah completely understand how it looks, however ive never multi-accounted and I am quite shocked that I was singled out for just trying to help, hence my reaction. 

Edit: Plus I dont want a better player coming in and wiping me out  :smiley:

Sure!

And you can CC me and Matth and Highscore and CBE as well.

We promise not to tell anyone in which country you play.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

And you can CC me and Matth and Highscore and CBE as well.

We promise not to tell anyone in which country you play.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Can I ask why I was singled out?  What did I say wrong exactly ?