Sunbeam goes Caribbean

ae.cr-logo-gromeu69.png

¡Buenos días! + Good day! + Guten Tag! + Bonne journée!

Every language for our largest customer groups.

I am pleased to welcome you to the press release section of the Sunbeam Aircorporation, Caribbean division. The heads of the press department for both, Aerolineas Costarricense (Express) - Julio José Flores Sánchez - and Calypso Airlines - Joanne Sissons will bring up some recent news for the airlines in this thread. Future member of the Caribbean division will be featured in here, too.

But for now:

AEROLINEAS COSTARRICENSE (EXPRESS)

The airline was already founded two month ago in San José, Costa Rica and has started with a mixed fleet of regional turboprops and jets and narrowbody jets. The airline's fleet features 30 EMBRAER 190LR, 22 AIRBUS A320-200 and 12 BOEING 757-300 for short and medium haul flights and additional a single BOEING 787-8. If available we want to add more AIRBUS A320 (or A321) and BOEING 787-8 but also BOEING 757 and EMBRAER 190 on demand. The route network is strong on regional routes and routes into the United States but also South America and the Caribbean islands are on the list and are seeing increasing passenger numbers.

To reduce costs Aerolineas Costarricense (QC) has founded the subsidiary Aerolineas Costarricense Express (QX) which took over the domestic routes and some regional routes with ATR 72 and Dash 8-Q100.

HoPD Julio José Flores Sanchéz

More news will follow when I am back from Dubai again. Until then:

HAVE A NICE TIME WITHOUT ME! My airlines will survive easily without me... maybe better!  :lol: 

ae.cr-logo-gromeu69.png

Renewal of Aerolineas Costarricense

After the sudden drop of demand earlier this quarter we now made the decision to order 30 Boeing 737-900ER how they're used by Sunbeam Aircorporation in Cambodia. All Airbus A320 and Boeing 757 are going to leave the fleet until year's end. First destinations to be served by the first three Boeing 737 are Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Los Angeles and Miami which were previously served by Boeing 757-300.

This is a sad moment for the CEO as he was very pleased with those long tubes.  :unsure: 

Calypso Airlines ceased all operations due to the cost savings of the group.