Switch off cargo offerring on particular routes

Hello,

I have an issue with aircraft that can handle passenger as well as cargo (MDxx, A3xx, B7xx) on particular routes. There are some that do offer good passenger load, but none/very low cargo supply.

As in route editor you have possibility to adjust price for cargo, I would gladly see a checkbox "offer cargo" for particular route to activate/deactivate this bar. Rationale is very simple - I do want my plane to fill with pax, but as I cannot fill it with cargo, I do not want to have cargo controller on this airport, as it increases my cost and I do not want to give cargo for free as well.

From technical point of view, I do not want a complicated change (MTOW calculation etc.), just not to be forced to hire cargo manager and offer cargo.

What do you think?

Cheers,

I'm not sure this would be a priority change. The reason I say that is the minimal cost the cargo controllers are to an airline. It makes up 1.38% of my weekly staff bill, and only 0.09% of my total weekly outgoings. Although you may have a valid point in regards to offering cargo to reduce costs of staff...but I'm not sure it would be seen as a priority as it would make very little difference to the end game.

Thanks

Ian

Hello ianmason,

Thanks for reply.

Of course, I do realize this won't be implemented next day, yet, I believe that this is the purpose of this subforum to log whatever bothers us.

And in terms of prioritization, I do believe that there are at least 2 factors: impact and complexicity of the change. :) Without trying to judge or push AS developers, I believe it would not be THAT complex. :)

All the best,

And in terms of prioritization, I do believe that there are at least 2 factors: impact and complexicity of the change. :) Without trying to judge or push AS developers, I believe it would not be THAT complex. :)

I definitely agree. This is something I'd like to see as well.  While the EMB-195 has somewhat exclipsed the 737-700 after it got its performance boosted, it is still frustrating to have to hire those guys for flights take no or very little cargo.