Taking a subsidiary private?

Just wondering if we could introduce the option of taking an airline off the market into a wholly owned subsidiary when, for example, the parent company acquires all shares of the airline?

This is well discussed, but the IPO shouldn't just be there to gain quickly money. It shall be a strategic decission with consequences.

This is well discussed, but the IPO shouldn’t just be there to gain quickly money. It shall be a strategic decission with consequences.

Well, yes, but it would be nice if you could offer everyone a (minimum) 100% premium to how much money you got from the IPO that would require 75%+ of other people’s shares voting yes. Since taking yourself private is usually expensive, this seems fair…no?

Well, yes, but it would be nice if you could offer everyone a (minimum) 100% premium to how much money you got from the IPO that would require 75%+ of other people's shares voting yes. Since taking yourself private is usually expensive, this seems fair...no?

I don't really understand what your suggestion is?

And BTW I was thinking more like....you cannot take the company off the market until it has been on the market for one year - that way I don't think a lot of people would want to waste a year of time just to "gain quick money" on a sub?

I don't really understand what your suggestion is?

And BTW I was thinking more like…you cannot take the company off the market until it has been on the market for one year - that way I don’t think a lot of people would want to waste a year of time just to “gain quick money” on a sub?

In money terms.

My company is currently valued at $200/share at today’s close. I can press a button that offers each shareholder an equal amount of $400/share or more. They reply, like an, IL (accept) or (reject) - if 75% of your shareholders (excluding you) vote yes: everybody gets paid and bought out. So if only 25% of your shares are held by others, 19% of your free float shares must vote yes.

Sort of like it works in the real world, you don’t need 100% of shares to force a company to go private.