Terminating an IL agreement

How long does it take after an interlining agreement is terminated for the associated network planning employees to be made redundant?

The IL agreement will remain active for the next 7 days, hence the employes will continue to work during that time. Once it's over, they don't get fired. They remain on your payroll and can be used for new IL agreements. 

Thanks!

The IL agreement will remain active for the next 7 days, hence the employes will continue to work during that time. Once it's over, they don't get fired. They remain on your payroll and can be used for new IL agreements. 

Or they are just sitting around, doing nothing and you can spend all your money for them.

Or they are just sitting around, doing nothing and you can spend all your money for them.

Its a gamble .... if you know you will look for new IL Partners then keep them because you will need to compensate them with 6 weeks salery if you kick them out so thats costly as well ;)

Thanks for the responses. I have already had to deal with the dilemma over laying off or hanging onto redundant employees (I thought it was four weeks salary when laying them off, though). I was curious about the time frame for when they would become redundant because I anticipate having to make the big decision soon. Thanks again!

I tend to keep them around - New IL agreements are signed, current IL partners expand and need more employees. Maybe I won't be able to reuse them in 6 weeks, but at least they won't appear in my financial statement as a big expense.

I tend to keep them around - New IL agreements are signed, current IL partners expand and need more employees. Maybe I won't be able to reuse them in 6 weeks, but at least they won't appear in my financial statement as a big expense.

I am inclined to do the same. I have a number of interlining requests pending.