The Pride Group of Companies Press

So, it’s been a minute since our last announcement. The Pride Group continues to thrive in our chosen markets. While we were saddened to have to shut down profitable groups on our server, we have continued to build our brand worldwide.
End H8! Fly with PRIDE!

Good day, we were recently able to get our CEO to sit down for a moment, and give us an interview. We gladly show some exerpts here for your enjoyment.

Staff: Good morning sir, we have just a few questions for you, and we’ll let you get back to your busy schedule. Our first question is about the fact that some of our airlines use 737 equipment, and others use 32X. Can you tell us why?

Tal0n: Of course, it’s simple really. For starters, they are both amazing aircraft with excellent economics. For us, we use each for different purposes. We have a good number of 737s at American Pride, because it’s mostly a domestic carrier in the continental US. We find that the 737 is a perfect fit for that mission, and we have recently added to that fleet. For American Pride Express, the slightly longer range, model for model is important, as most of our flying is out of Honolulu. The extra range allows us to tailor the aircraft to the mission, and of course the 321 LR is unmatched at this time.

Staff: Will this purchase pattern continue? Any new models you are looking forward to?

Tal0n: Absolutely, we are in negotiations with both companies as we speak. We intend to be a launch customer for the 321XLR in Brazil, and with APX. Meanwhile, we are negotiations with Boeing for Max10s as well as the NMA.

Staff: We use a fair number of 787s but at American Pride we’re flying the 339, why is that?

Tal0n: We went with the 339 because we got a fantastic deal on the first batch with our leasing company buying them. Rather than put them out for lease, we decided to use them ourselves. As you know we have an aggressive fleet replacement schedule at most of our airlines, and we are already negotiating for those birds to be replaced. It may be with new models of the same aircraft, or we may switch to the 350, we’ll see where that goes, but we are currently happy with the aircraft.

Staff: We fly a large number of A220s is there a specific reason?

Tal0n: Of course, as you know I’m a proud Canadian, so I was always going to want, at least a small number of them, but once we started operating these amazing aircraft, we had to keep ordering them. The efficiency, range, short field capability, and comfort are basically unbeatable. We were a launch customer for the CS1 and CS3, and we continue to love the aircraft with its new designation. In fact, we are in talks with Airbus about a longer range version of the 220-300 and have made it clear that, if they do launch a -500 model, we will purchase large numbers of that aircraft.

Staff: We have a large fleet of Sukhoi SSJs in Brazil, can you tell us why?

Tal0n: It’s an excellent aircraft. It has great economics, and has served us well in Brazil. We maintain a fleet of 60 in Brazil, and we love them, as do our customers there. Our leasing companies also have success with the aircraft so it’s a real money maker for us. We did have to stockpile parts for it, as the Russian aircraft industry is still working out some bugs but we love the aircraft and don’t plan to abandon it.

Staff: Any other unusual aircraft that we might be interested in?

Tal0n: Absolutely, the upcoming MS-21 is of interest to us with our African Operations, as is the new Chinese narrowbody. We also fly a small number of Antonov aircraft in Africa. We tried a small number of ARJ21s, but unfortunately they just didn’t work for us. We still think Comac will come out with a good product, but the first attempt simply didn’t work out. Never count the Chinese out though, and if the next model is better, we’ll probably purchase it.

Staff: We also operate a large number of Embraer aircraft, is that because our company is based in Brazil?

Tal0n: No, we operate it, because it’s an excellent aircraft. In the 50 seat market, the ERJ is simply better than the CR2, and is still available. The larger EJets are fantastic. The E2 models are simply amazing, and we are going to be a launch customer for the E75 E2.

Staff: Thank you very much for your valuable time, can we do another one of these soon? We have other questions for you.

Tal0n: Of course m just let me know when.

3 Likes

Staff: Welcome back Tal0n, we are very pleased to have another chance to speak to you

Tal0n: It’s my pleasure.

Staff: I guess the first question we have is about the new company in Albania, and of course the question is why?

Tal0n: Of course. It’s a simple answer really, a group of investors in Albania approached us with the proposal to create a new airline there. The country is not an open investment country so the airline is majority owned by the locals. They needed someone with airline experience, to operate the company, and we made a deal.

Staff: Excellent, can you explain the use of older aircraft?

Tal0n: Simple really, the people of Albania were undeserved by existing airlines, so we want to get as many aircraft going as we can. We had only €10,000,000 to get started with, so the older aircraft made the most sense to start. We have, of course, fully refurbished these aircraft, to be able to bring our usual level of high end service to the Albanian People.

Staff: So, is it a similar story in Fiji?

Tal0n: Indeed, very similar. Once again, it was a Group of local investors that came to us. Again, we are using a bit older aircraft to start, but this is partly because the aircraft are, difficult to source new, and of course, with the smaller Dash 8s only available used.

Staff: The Dash 8s being really good for island hopping correct?

Tal0n: Absolutely, in fact they are really the only choice for this kind of flying. Sure, we could get smaller aircraft brand new, but they don’t quite provide the kind of service we feel that the Fijian people deserve. They can be very good for smaller communities though, which is why we use them when needed. For example our operations in Alaska, and parts of Africa.

Staff: That brings us to our next question. Why the recent expansion there?

Tal0n: We have been committed to building up in Africa for some time. African Pride Air was founded several years ago in Coté D’Ivoire and has been very good for us. We find that, in general, the African people are excellent, committed workers, who take great pride in doing a good job. We found that there were some great investment opportunities in Africa, which allow us to bring good jobs to the people, and give a boost to the local economies.

Staff: Do we employ “Ex-Pats” with these companies?

Tal0n: Absolutely not. We hire local people only, and this includes Pilots. Some come from the local military of each country, and some we train fully. We have agreements with flght schools in Canada, where all of our pilots are trained. We have similar arrangements for training of all our staff, and once the company reaches a certain size, we set up our own schools in those countries.

Staff: So, we are really committed to the local communities then?

Tal0n: Absolutely, I feel like these countries are very good to us, and we need to give back, as much as we can. All while continuing to support all forms of equality within these societies.

Staff: Thank you again for sitting with us, we look forward to our next chat.

Tal0n: Of course, and I look forward to that as well.

Staff: Welcome back to the office Sir, we’re pleased that you have some time for us.
Tal0n: Yes, I’ve been very busy, and I regret not being able to sit down again before now.
Staff: I guess the first question is, what happened in Albania, and Fiji?
Tal0n: Neither opportunity worked out very well I’m afraid. In Albania, the market was… unusual. Even though we set up a large number of flights initially, the fact is, that only the flights to Italy were working. Under other circumstances, this would be something we could build on, but there was no traffic at all on other regional flights. Therefore, we made the decision, with our local investors, to end operations. It was very unfortunate.
Staff: I see, and Fiji?
Tal0n: Yes, Fiji. Many years ago we had a successful airline in Fiji, on another world. So I do know the Fijian market pretty well. It has excellent potential, but is a market that needs connections to do really well. The domestic market is very small, as you would expect, but it can be reasonably profitable. At least as far as paying for itself, if you take my meaning. Long haul can also be very profitable, but you have to build up regionally first. The neighboring markets, are pretty critical to expansion. Unfortunately, those markets, which can generate the profits and connections to drive long haul, are saturated. Sure, you can work with these other airlines, but that doesn’t provide the cash flow to drive the purchase of quality long haul aircraft. The result was unfortunate.
Staff: That makes sense, any chance we might revisit these markets in the future?
Tal0n: Never say never, but it’s unlikely, unless it’s assisting someone else in these markets. We shall see I suppose.
Staff: On a more positive note, how are things in Bahrain?
Tal0n: That is a more positive note, Bahrain is doing OK. It’s similar to the other situations to be honest. However, we are having a bit more success there. We have a good basis built up there now.
Staff: And our future plans there?
Tal0n: The same as always really. Provide outstanding service to the people of Bahrain, contribute to the local economy, and support equality for all.
Staff: Wonderful, and our other airlines?
Tal0n: Everything is going quite well. Brazil is cruising along, our US airlines are doing well. Our smaller investments in Africa and Oceania are also doing well, we’re quite good.
Staff: The large growth of Northern Pride has been as expected?
Tal0n: Better than expected if I’m honest. The airline was, as you know, established in Juneau, it was basically an experiment in building an airline in a smaller city. It did very well, but was destined to be a small airline. We saw an opportunity in Milwaukee, and decided to see how that would go. It has been excellent, and we are pleased to provide our quality services to the people of that fine city, while continuing to also serve the great people of Alaska.
Staff: Someone seems to need to speak to you Sir, maybe we can do this again soon?
Tal0n Yes, of course, but I indeed must go.
Staff: Thank you again.

Staff: Pleased to see you again so soon Sir.

Tal0n: Glad I could do it again.

Staff: Today, we’d like to speak about aircraft, if that’s OK?

Tal0n: Always a favourite subject, please proceed.

Staff: Excellent. Our first question is why do we operate Russian/Ukrainian aircraft?

Tal0n: Excellent question. First, the ones we operate are operated for very specific reasons. The SSJ fleet in Brazil for example, was chosen because of its combination of size, and range. When we first started Ceus, we chose to Operate CRJ aircraft, and ERJs we needed a plane the approximate size of the CRJ 1000, but with better takeoff performance, and more range. At the time the SSJ gave us all of this, in an inexpensive, yet efficient package. Had the Ejet E2s been available, we might have gone that route, but they weren’t at the time. Since then, the aircraft have performed well for us, and we see no need to change. In the future? Who knows, but we are very happy with the aircraft. As for the Antonovs? Inexpensive, efficient, awith good range. They are perfect for some of our small African airlines, and we added a small fleet in the US, but these are meant as place holders, until the release of the E75 E2.

Staff: Great, our next question is, why the ERJ?

Tal0n: Simple really, the CRJ 200 is not in production, and the ERJ actually gives a better seating configuration in my opinion. Add in the fact, that I’m not a big fan, as a passenger, of turboprops, and they’re an obvious choice for thinner routes. We do use turboprops, but only where a jet won’t work, or for cargo Ops.

Staff: OK, and why do we operate both the CRJ and the Ejets?

Tal0n: Both types have unique qualities. For each airline we make a decision, do we need the size of the E90/E95, or do we need the smaller version more? If it’s more about the smaller aircraft, then the choice is simple, we go CRJ. The CR7 is more efficient, than the E70/E75. If we feel that the larger one is more important, then we go with Ejets. The CRJ 1000 is a fantastic money maker, but it has a range issue, that the Ejets don’t have, we do have a solid fleet of them at Northern Pride, because the range works there, as our main hub, is fairly central.

Staff: We also use both 737s and 320s, why is that?

Tal0n: Again, these two aircraft are excellent, both companies have built perfect aircraft in this range. Again though, there are differences. We use the 320 family, when long range is a factor. Brazil and Hawaii, and we use the 737 where it is less of an issue, American Pride.

Staff: Widebodies?

Tal0n: As you know we have a large number of 787s with two of our airlines using them exclusively. They are a near perfect combination of sizes and efficiency. We also fly 330 NEO models. The 330, works for American Pride for two reasons, the 338 is, relatively, easy to fill, and has all the range we need at this time. It also allows us to fly 33F models, which are working well.

Staff: Your love of the “Queen of the skies” is well known, why don’t we use them?

Tal0n: Ahhh, the 747, how I love that aircraft. Why don’t we use them? We simply can’t fill them up from our hubs. We might be able to operate a small subfleet, but that’s just not efficient. The same goes for the 380. I’m not in love the whalejet, but I would operate it anyway, as it is a technological masterpiece. It’s just not the right aircraft for our fleets.

Staff: What about upcoming Russian or Chinese aircraft?

Tal0n: We always evaluate any type for our fleets, we tried the Comac out, and it just didn’t fit for us. Not enough range or efficiency, we would use them in Africa, if we could. We will evaluate the coming models as well, and we may operate small numbers of them, depending on all the usual factors.

Staff: So we would look at any aircraft, no matter the source?

Tal0n: Absolutely, we will always look at them. We are in fact quite sad that, it looks like, the Mitsubishi Jet isn’t going to happen. The specs looked very good, and we were fully prepared to order them. The fact that the Japanese haven’t built a commercial airliner since the YS-11, makes no difference.

Staff: You really do love them all, don’t you Sir?

Talon: Indeed, I truly do, and now I must get going, perhaps we’ll chat again soon.

Staff: Thank you again Sir, and we welcome a chat, at any time.

Staff: Welcome back Sir, it’s been a minute. We know you’re a busy man, so we appreciate these chats.

Tal0n: It really is my pleasure, but as you say, I am often too busy.

Staff: May we ask what happened in Bahrain?

Tal0n: Yes, of course. Bahrain was an interesting experiment, that failed for a few reasons. First, too much competition in the Middle East. There are a number of large airlines in the area, and Bahrain has no domestic market. The flights to the UAE did well, but alone, they’re not enough.

Staff: I see, and Pakistan?

Talon: Similar, though our choice of hub turned out to be part of the problem. We might have done better, but we were experimenting with the wrong aircraft as well.

Staff: Unfortunate, what’s behind the large order of 787s at American Pride?

Tal0n: Well, as you know, we love the 787 at the Pride Group. We tried the 330 NEO, because we got a very good deal on some 339s. They were good, but bigger than we needed. We tried the 338, being a launch customer for the type. They have been OK, but not as good as the 787 I’m afraid. We were still going to keep them but we had an issue with flying west out of SLC. So we tried 359s for that. Again though, a bit larger than we need. So, we finally decided to just get the 787, and get it done. The 359s will be the first to go, with the 338s being let go as our order comes in.

Staff: I see, and that makes sense. Why did we order the 319 NEO in Brazil?

Tal0n: It’s always nice to be a launch customer, for one thing, and we were for the light model. We also enjoy trying out new aircraft, the 319 NEO light is quite restricted, but we are trying out on flights where it should work out. It’s not as good as a 223, but that’s OK in this case.

Staff: Thank you. How are things with some of the other airlines?

Tal0n: Northern Pride continues to perform well and we are very pleased with it, Cormorant Air recently ran an IPO which was very successful, so we’ll be looking at what to do with that. Ceus, is shifting some SSJ flying over to CRKs, but the SSJ will continue to be a large part of that company’s success. Really, we’re doing pretty well at all of our companies.

Staff: I see you have to go Sir, can we reconvene soon to discuss Nigeria?

Tal0n: Of course, I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

Staff: Welcome back Sir.

Tal0n: Glad to be here again, I’ll be enjoying some time off for remembrance day.

Staff: Of course, we just have two questions for this session. First, we wonder how the 319 NEO is doing?

Tal0n: Ah yes, well, the short answer is very well. The longer answer is, not as well as we hoped, though it is pretty much what we expected.

Staff: Can you elaborate?

Tal0n: Of course. First, it’s a huge improvement over the CEO, bringing the profits closer to a 737 NG. However, that means it’s not as good as a 223. The 223, is more efficient and more flexible. We took the light version, and it is quite good as a short haul aircraft, if we were determined to only have 3 types, which we usually are, I’d not hesitate to order them. However, if we have 223s in the fleet, then we wouldn’t bother. As always though, it’s a quality Airbus product.

Staff: I see, thank you. Our other question is; Why did we go into Nigeria?

Tal0n: As always, it was purely a business decision. We saw an opportunity, and decided to give it a go. So far, we have no regrets. The country has a strong domestic market, and we are doing well with that. International flights are coming soon, so we’ll see how that goes, but we’re pretty confident that we’ll be successful, and that’s the point, as always. We also enjoy bringing our message of diversity, to another country.

Staff: That was all we had for today, thank you again Sir, and enjoy your holiday.

Tal0n: Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the break as well. We shall chat again soon.

Good afternoon, and welcome to our Press Conference. Our CEO will be here in a moment to begin. There will not be a question period today, as the CEO simply doesn’t have the time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Without further adieu, our CEO…

Welcome distinguished members of the press.

As you may know, the Pride Group of Companies is known for trying new things, and expanding into new markets. On that score we have a few statements to make.

We, as a company, have always used aircraft from a variety of suppliers. While the bulk of our airfleets have come from western manufacturers, we also have smaller fleets of aircraft from Russia, in particular we have been big fans of the Sukhoi Superjet. We also had an LOI for purchase of the upcoming MS-21. Unfortunately we will no longer be able to support these aircraft moving forward. We haven’t yet decided what we will replace our existing aircraft with, but we won’t be in a hurry, as that money has already been spent. Our LOI has been canceled, and we will not be purchasing any further Russian made aircraft. We have no actual issues with the aircraft themselves, but we simply cannot, in good conscience, support the evil regime currently in power.
Thank you for your time.

4 Likes