Train/Other Transport game

Hi guys,

I fear I know the answer, but I will ask it anyway.

Is there a game out there or under development that takes some of the popular (online-) airline management games and applies it to “land” transit?

I would love to have a game like this for trains in Europe for example. Managing times, schedules, fares, seating.

If this does not exist, who’s in to make it? Hahaha

Looking forward to responses!

Are you looking for a Browser based game or do you also considering suggestions of real games?

Are you looking for a Browser based game or do you also considering suggestions of real games?

A browser based game I guess. I am unaware of "real games" that offer this?

Well, there are a lot of real games with trains and transport, like Open Transport Tycoon, Mashinky or Train Fever/Transport Fever, but those aren't airlinesim with trains.

Edit: I saw a Let's Play of A-Train 9 once, and i think you can set schedules there.

There is nothing like Airlinesim but Transport Fever is a great game for land based transport. It also works on mac which is a big plus. In the end it does get boring after a couple of hours but it is a great game to play on flights (90% of my 98 hours in the game are played on flights). An other alternative is Mini Metro which is a great way to spend some time and relax although after unlocking everything it does get a bit boring (unlocking the whole games takes about 3 hours). A third "land based" alternative is Planet Coaster, it doesnt work on mac but works great on my HP Spectre. Otherwise you could just play some good old Cities Skylines which involves land based transportation (especially with the expansion packs).

This is basically how I keep my self entertained on flights, looking at numbers when flying gives me headaches so a game is much more calming.