transferration of cargo should not affect satisfactiom

When you want to ship some cargo from one place to another in real life, you won’t care how many transfer the cargo need to make. Thus the amount of transfer needed for cargo should not affect anything in AS either. The allowed layover should also be longer than passenger. As a compensation might be the time factor can be given more influence? btw will the diverse passenger type update divide cargos between those that can wait and those that want to arrive asap?

Well more connections can mean the risk of missing a transfer if one of the planes gets delayed (not really possible in the game, but makes sense that such a risk harms the rating). But I agree that the penalty should be much lighter than with passengers.

That really depends since cargo is a broad term. If you think of your average parcel it surely doesn't matter whether it flies directly from London to LA or is acutally routed via Brussels and Memphis. However when you have more "bulky" cargo such as large machines or even live stock transfers can pose a real obstacle.

What about livestock?

From what I know, neither horses or cows have ever written a complaint about too many layovers. So it should be OK.

[/irony]

From what I know, neither horses or cows have ever written a complaint about too many layovers. So it should be OK.

[/irony]

I think some horses tried a few times, but the asses in Customer Service paid them no attention.

Is the horse paying the bills? :wink:

That really depends since cargo is a broad term. If you think of your average parcel it surely doesn't matter whether it flies directly from London to LA or is acutally routed via Brussels and Memphis. However when you have more "bulky" cargo such as large machines or even live stock transfers can pose a real obstacle.

the obstacle they brought about are difficulty and cost for airlines and airports to handle which should not matter for customers.

Having been delayed a couple of times due to cargo loading especially on Emirates. I am not sure what they loaded though the said it would take a couple of minutes more. I think time for the cargo deliveries should be what matters and a direct flight is usually faster than rerouting the cargo and resorting it. When I order something from Amazon I dont care if that cargo has travelled the world. I only want it to arrive to me the quickest possible. For example when I ordered my latest PC (three weeks ago). The PC travelled the entire length of Sweden in one day and reached the sorting facility of my city but afterwards it took me three days until I got my hands on it. First day they tried to deliver it to my home at 1PM when nobody was home, the second day they tried the same and the third day they delivered it to my local Postnord distribution centre where I could get it at any time. This is what I wanted from the beginning. Let´s return to the topic. In these 5 days they could have flown the PC around the world and as long as I would have received it quicker I would not care even though AS works kind of this way and total is a big factor in connections.

Hopefully no environmental activist reads what I wrote ;)