Tu-204-100 vs -120

Good evening, everyone!

I was wondering - are there any in-game differences between the Tu-204-100 and the RR-powered Tu-204-120? Or is it mainly just there for flavor/realism? I'm just starting out, but I was curious for future reference. 

They have a different price and different performance. I suggest using the Aircraft Type Evaluation tool under Operations to check aircraft performance and read the fantastic tutorial by Yukawa. 

Hi Tayaran,

There are some small differences. Compared to the Tu-204-100, the Tu-204-120 can carry 200kg more cargo, has slightly better fuel efficiency and engine power, requires a slightly shorter takeoff roll in certain circumstances, and is a bit quieter.

Basically, the majority of the differences are cosmetic.

On Pearls the Tu 204-120 ( Noise Category Stage V ChapterI III) seems to be louder than the Tu204-100 (Noise Categroy Stage V Chapter IV) with russian Aviadvigatel PS-90 engines. The Tu 204-120 uses Rolls Royce RB211-535 engines, which are the same as for Boeing 757. However, the B757 has Noise Category Stage V Chapter IV). I know that the noise it not only caused by the engines, slats flaps and landing gear are also some major contributors. But did Tupolev really change anything other than the engines between version 100 and 120? And if so, why does it cause more noise?

Thanks guys for the information. It seems like more of a personal choice to me than anything else.

On Pearls the Tu 204-120 ( Noise Category Stage V ChapterI III) seems to be louder than the Tu204-100 (Noise Categroy Stage V Chapter IV) with russian Aviadvigatel PS-90 engines. The Tu 204-120 uses Rolls Royce RB211-535 engines, which are the same as for Boeing 757. However, the B757 has Noise Category Stage V Chapter IV). I know that the noise it not only caused by the engines, slats flaps and landing gear are also some major contributors. But did Tupolev really change anything other than the engines between version 100 and 120? And if so, why does it cause more noise?

I can't say anything about the noise, but I remember that the only changes were the use of the RB211s instead of PS-90s, and that some of the avionics were Western rather than Russian in origin.

On Pearls the Tu 204-120 ( Noise Category Stage V ChapterI III) seems to be louder than the Tu204-100 (Noise Categroy Stage V Chapter IV) with russian Aviadvigatel PS-90 engines.

You can't compare the noise level of planes by looking at the certified noise category. Originally both types were certified to Chapter III, which was the best category at that time. Later, after Chapter IV was introduced, the manufacturer decided to re-certificate only the PS-90-version. So, the RB-Version is well within the limits of Chapter IV (like most current Chapter III planes), but was never certified to it.