Tuesday, November 29th, 2011

Some airport research work in Saudi Arabia:

IATA Code fixed for Wadi al Dawasir

Location fixed for Al-Alahsa and King Khalid City

Slots changed for Abha, Al Baha, Al-Alahsa, Bisha, Damman, Gurayat, King Khalid City, Qaisumah, Rafha, Sharurah, Turaif, Wadi al Dawasir

Airport size fixed for Al-Alahsa

Jetways added at Damman, Jeddah, Riyadh, Tabuk and Yanbu

Runway length fixed for Dawadmi, Hail, Jeddah, Medina and Sahrurah

Passenger/freight number updated for Damman, Jeddah, Medina, Riyadh and Tabuk

As always, these data are not updated at the current game world till the next data patch.

And continued to review airport data - this time: Pakistan!

Added all missing ICAO Codes

Position fixed for Dera Ghazi Khan, Mohenjadaro, Muzaffarabad and Zhob

Slots fixed for Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Nawabshah, Pasni, Peshawar, Quetta, Rahim Yar Khan, Skardu and Sukkur

Size fixed for Sialkot

Runway length fixed for Bahawalpur, Islamabad, Jiwani, Rahim Yar Khan, Saidu Shariff and Sui

Passenger/freight number updated for all airports

Although some of the existing airports are not having any commercial service at the moment due to several reasons, the airports will remain in airlinesim, but only got a minimum passenger number. These airports are Dadu, Jacobabad, Jiwani, Muzaffarabad, Ormara, Saidu Shariff and Sui.

New Airports: Dalbandin, Hyderabad (not the one in India), Kadanwari and Sawan.

And last but not least for today: Iran

IATA Code fixed for Bandar Abbas

ICAO Code fixed for Birjand

Position fixed for Gorgan, Iranshahr, Lamerd, Parsabad and Sahand

Slots fixed for the most iranian airport

Airport Size adjusted for Bandar Abbas, Bushehr and Chabahar

Jetways added for Ardabil and Kerman

Runway length fixed for Bandar Lengeh, Birjand, Bojnord, Ilam, Kerman, Lamerd, Lar, Mashad, Noshahr, Sanandaj, Sari, Tabris, Yasuj and Yazd

Passenger and cargo number are not available. Where available they were updated (both Teheran airports and Mashad)

Asaloyeh (YEH) is closed and replaced by new airport Asaloyeh Persian Gulf Airport (PGU)

New Airport: Jiroft, Khoy and Qeshm Island.

Next to come: India (will also receive a separation like Russia got)

Any news on when the Iraq-demand-problem is gonna be solved?

Regards,

Stimue

Doesn’t this mean, all destinations, served by those three airports were also "updated" in terms of connections to Teheran airports and Mashad numbers??

And another question: When will the next data patch be implemented? "In the coming days" or later??

No news yet!

Don’t know what you think about…

later - I will finish India and the most of the next region first…

I just asked … if you have new pax numbers for IKA-BND for example, doesn’t that mean, you have new number for BND-IKA as well??? … So if you update the IKA numbers, you automatically update the destination numbers as well?!?! … Otherwise, you would have a different pax volume in both directions ,

That’s right, if there is a new demand calculated for one direction it is also valid for the oposite direction.

Great work SK!

Every one apprietiates the time your putting in to maintain the realism & the subsequent blog posts informing us.

True!

What is the "Iraq-demand-problem"?

The numbers used in the game are a couple of years old. For obvious reasons

the demand for air travel and airfreight at that time was very, very low in Iraq.

Erbil airport has been a relatively busy one for quite a while now.

Hello together,

I don’t know if there has been a topic already, but it would be very interesting to get some information about the new BBI airport in Berlin. Does the Tegel airport exist in the game after the opening of the new big airport or will it be closed as the real one?

Best regards from Augsburg

David (Pink WIngs)

Yes, Lufthansa, Germania, Tor Air, Turkish, Royal Jordanian and Fly Dubai all have routes to Erbil. Baghdad is also quite busy.

Besides the few business travellers there is also many Iraqi refugees going back on vacation in their country. Hopefully the data will soon be updated for the game.

Yep!

I have posted this Berlin new airport (BER) - General - AirlineSim Community . Unfortunately, no answer from the team.

Austrian Airlines and Atlasjet have regular service and there are several local arilines with service to Germany and Sweden.

I have not seen Austrian or Atlasjet in Erbil, but I have seen Austrian in Baghdad. Only Tor Air is flying to and from Sweden from Iraq.

Austrian is flying to Erbil since a few years, nowadays 6 flights a week.

I’ve flown Atlasjet there, and I know that there used to be other airlines flying to Sweden (but I don’t recall their names). There’s also Royal Jordanian to Amman and Flying Carpet (?) to Beirut.