Untouchable Super-Users

"It's just a game", I read many times here on Forum in many topics. So, why do we play games? One reason could be, that people look for some righteous world. Because the real one is so unfair :( . Because games have rules, the same for everybody who play with us :) .

Yes, we have rules here, but not for everyone. We have "Support" button down on the page, but not for everyone. We may ask for everything we want here on Forum, but with zero chance for clear answer by any responsible Team member.

In contrast to this state, we have got some users here - and they can do everything.

- We have user in Manchester, which lead his Holding to bankruptcy. Although he was warned and this company received rescue loan. The user has full responsibility for the bankruptcy. And what happened? He started new company, but he received his money and planes back! It is cool - it looks, that you can ask for some compensation, if you, for example, open some non-profitable route. Of course you can, but only if you are Super-User.

- We have user in Beijing, which fly with very small aircraft between two airports of Beijing. Although it is absolutely and conclusively twice banned in Game rules: "Flights between airport of the same city/metropol area are forbidden" and "Very short connecting flights are accepteable if they constitute a realistic service (for example, flights between nearby islands)". Team members know about this situation, but they do not care. Of course they do not, as it concerns Super-User.

- We have another users around the world, which replace competition and competitiveness for selfishness. And thanks their selfishness, most of the biggest airports are without slots. We can discuss how long we want, what is and what is not "slot blocking" but this is also from Game rules:
"Each player is doing this in his spare time to be entertained and to battle with other players in a fair and friendly competition. Important part is the interaction with other players."
I do not see any fair and friendly competition. What these players do, it reminds me raid of locusts. They destroy one place and move to another. Like one Super-User from LHR to SXF, with fleet of his An-38. And Team members call this "strategy". I woul like to ask Team, what exactly is "unfair and unfriendly competition", but with my nationality it is useless - I will never receive clear answer like me and my friends anytime in past.

P.S. Concerning "The Raiders". I really do not understand the players, which beg for interlining with these Super-Users.Do they really not realize, that their home airport could be another target? Or do they believe, that they protect or redeem themselves this way?

Ok I have to ask, what is your nationality that you think is the reason you are being treated unfairly, or not being listened to?

- Support Button is for everyone and everyone is treated the same way. No matter where he lives, which skin colour he has or whatsever.

- feel free to report all these cases to the support. Stop complaining here as it does not make sense. On the forum, nobody can help you.

- you might have the feeling that Super Users would exist here. But there are no classes of users - everybody has the same rights and is treated in the same way. Equal rights for everyone - that is what you can call for. You and everybody else.

Regarding competition: let's assume you would have an airline in Brasil (like I have on one server). Competition is there, you are number 3 - and within 2 months, the main competitiors cease away. Suddenly you become number 1 (like I am now - ok, I bought number one but number 2 ceased away). Slots are there but not many left.

Would you cancel flights to free slots for someone else / a new company who wants to play in Brasil? I would not. Would you then be a "slot blocker"? Yes and no - I am just number 1 working many months on my network and my routes to grow. And this sounds unfair to you?

Why are you pointing out again and again that some players might cheat or play unfair? Why do you deal with these cases - let them do whatever they want and report it to support! Are you also one of these wanna-be cops sniffing around and looking for companies which possibly would act in a way which can reported?

Why don't you just play the game in a peaceful and friendly and fair way?

Hi Ula,

I never heard of some "super" users getting a special treatment.

Are you sure it was a holding that went bankrupt ? If a subsidiary goes bankrupt, the holding can get a lot of money out of the bankruptcy. And if the holding owned planes and leased them to the subsidiary, the holding still owns the planes afterwards. If it was indeed a holding that went bankrupt, it should restart with just 10 million. If the player received more money, there must have been a very special reason. You could ask him what happened...

The two airports in Peking are not on the black list. So I guess it is legal to fly from PEK to NAY.

It is only called selfishness if I can't fly to another airport. If someone cannot fly to my hub because I have used all the slots, I call it running a successful airline  ;-)

What I actually mean is: I don't need to use all the slots to be happy. I am only here for the fun. But other players like to compete. It is not against the rules to manage an airline with 1000 planes. And if you have a big airline, you use a lot of slots.

Have a nice weekend,

Jan

Right, Jan. You name it - an airline with a lot of planes will definitely "block" and need many slots. I am also leaving slots for others, no matter how many planes I have in my different companies.

Perhaps TO does also want to fly in a specific area on an established server - there will not be many slots available, that's true. But this is how the game works - first come first serve.

Dear Ula

Please feel free to report them to the support. They have to decide at it.

What I missed in the past from the support, is a decision and an explanation of the case back to the caller. I find it not ok,. that the ticket get simply closed.

Cheers

Falciformis

Why are you pointing out again and again that some players might cheat or play unfair? 

Again and gain? What are you talking about? I started 2 topics in last 6 months:

http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/9785-why-is-my-company-being-reported/

http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/9709-one-day-old-company-owns-two-b737s/

It makes overal 3 contributions about completely different topic than now. So I would like to see from you exact examples, where and when I "pointed out again and again that some players".

I never heard of some "super" users getting a special treatment.

The two airports in Peking are not on the black list. So I guess it is legal to fly from PEK to NAY.

Mr. sobelair, you had started new topic:

http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/9815-image-and-seats/

today at 2:14. Today, after just a few hours, exactly at 9:36, Martin as Team Member posted his reaction. I wait to any reaction to my Ticket, made by Support button, for more than two weeks. My friend waits for reply to his email, sent to support@air...aero, more than month. And you have a courage to write here, that you, me and my friend, we are equal?

These airports are both of them in Peking - you agree with me. So must they be named exactly in the list? Is this sentence from Game rules "Flights between airport of the same city/metropol area are forbidden" not enough for you and others? And paragraph about short connecting and realistic service: "Very short connecting flights are accepteable if they constitute a realistic service"? Don't you forget it?

Some examples of distances between airports:

SHA-PVG 27 km
NRT-HND 70 km
LTN-LGW 48 km
STN-LGW 52 km
DFW-DAL 48 km
JFK-EWR 53 km
BWI-DCA 86 km

And PEK-NAY 29 km... Which is, in your opinion, fine..... OMG...

Support tickets are NOT reviewed by all the team members. As far as i know, it used to be reviewed by sk, now i think it's Spezialist. and I don't think you are the only one using support system, so it's quite obvious that you need to wait more time to get any response. The forum, on the other hand, is replied by a lot of team members, so Jan will get a faster reply as expected. 

If you think flying between two airports in Peking is illegal (as i do), please report it. I believe the team will make a right decision. 

BTW, i also had a ticket that just got disclosed without any reply. It is fine to disclose the ticket if the message was delivered, but it will be much better if Johannes can reply something so that we can know the request can/can't be done. I shouldn't notice my ticket was closed until i was checking the status of all my tickets by myself after the ticket was closed for two weeks. At least, i should get a message when the ticket was closed by someone. and to Ula, i have already waited for two months with no response without any complaint until it was closed by no reply, so please be a little bit more patient :) I think there might be just way too many tickets in the system. 

Hi Ula,

I cannot comment on your belief that "super users" get special treatment but I will say that you point about flights between airports in Beijing is valid.

The rule does state that "Flights between airport of the same city/metropol area are forbidden" however it seems to omit Beijing from the explicit list of forbidden routes.

If you cant fly from 

This seems to be an omission and should be fixed.

It may be that the slight aggression in your posts is playing against you here, however I think it would be good to have an official word on the Beijing routes.

We are working to extend that list.

If you've got a complete list which airports should be included, feel free to submit it to AS Support.

Mr. sobelair, you had started new topic:

http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/9815-image-and-seats/

today at 2:14. Today, after just a few hours, exactly at 9:36, Martin as Team Member posted his reaction. I wait to any reaction to my Ticket, made by Support button, for more than two weeks. My friend waits for reply to his email, sent to support@air...aero, more than month. And you have a courage to write here, that you, me and my friend, we are equal?

Hi,

did you just promote me to super-user ? And can I put that somewhere on my profile ?

Come on, be serious. Martin replied because I suggested something that he in some way intends to include in the next upgrade.

Of course we are equal. I pay for my credits just like you. And if I change my logo (because somebody complained that my airline name resembles a real airline name) I also have to wait two days before the new logo shows up. So yes we are equal. On the other hand... go through the history of your posts on this forum and then check the history of my posts. We may be equal, but we're different.

As for NAY-PEK, I actually have an airline in China and one of my "competitors" also has a few flights between PEK and NAY. But that doesn't bother me. I agree with you that it is silly to fly between these two airports, but they are not on the black-list so it is legal. And even if they were on the black-list those flights would still not bother me.

Jan

Super-User

in other words teacher's pet  <_<

PS

I shall tell you why the team doesn't like to reply here. Complaints against other airlines should be done privately. The team doesn't like it when players are publicly attacked. Entering such a discussion would be against their own rules. And in the case of slot blocking there is perhaps another reason. They may be slightly embarrassed because there is still no solution for such an old problem.

The fact is sometimes support tickets go unanswered, at least I’ve had that happen in the past, I always just assume that the team is very busy working on the best airlinesim on the web, and that they have made some decision. I just didn’t worry about it. Maybe I’m just too easy going LOL. I have noticed however, that answers have gotten a little quicker in the last few months, so that alone made me happier. Some of these problems are old existing problems, that they are working on solutions for, some I didn’t even know existed like the Beijing thing. Now we know the team would appreciate some feedback on airports to add to the blacklist, great I’d add some but there are no new ones in the countries that I fly to so I can’t really help. I think that others have said it well, you come off a little rough in how you post, it can cause people to get rough in return. It’s human nature sometimes. Try not to take it personally, and if I ever come off that way in something I post, I hope someone will point it out to me so I can fix it, or apologise.

We are working to extend that list.

If you've got a complete list which airports should be included, feel free to submit it to AS Support.

"Flights between airport of the same city/metropol area are forbidden".

"Very short connecting flights are accepteable if they constitute a realistic service (for example, flights between nearby islands)".

What more do you need?

And even if they were on the black-list those flights would still not bother me.

This is exactly, what I expected - as it is perfect example, how Super-User are thinking. Because what you clearly wrote was:

"Even if they break the rules, it still no bother me".

In other words; you confessed, that keeping of Game rules means nothing to you.

The list of citiy pairs which are forbidden to operate so far is this list (below). If you feel that other city pairs should be added to the ban-list then please submit to AS support - that's what Spezialist is asking for. This is called the official way and yes, you will most likely not receive an answer but AS team can track your ticket.

Asia

Bangkok: BKK/DMK

Dubai: DXB/DWC

Osaka: KIX/ITM

Seoul: ICN/GMP

Shanghai: SHA/PVG

Taipeh: TPE/TSA

Tehran: THR/IKA

Tokyo: NRT/HND

Europe

Berlin: THF/TXL/SXF (/BER)

London: LCY/LGW/LHR/STN/LTN

Milan: MXP/LIN

Moscow: SVO/DME/VKO

Oslo: OSL/TRF/RYG

Paris: CDG/ORY/LBG

Rome: FCO/CIA

Stockholm: ARN/NYO/BMA

North America

Chicago: ORD/MDW

Dallas: DFW/DAL

Houston: IAH/HOU

Montreal: YUL/YMX

New York: JFK/EWR/LGA

Toronto: YYZ/YTZ

Washington: IAD/DCA/BWI

South America

Buenos Aires: AEP/EZE

Rio de Janeiro: GIG/SDU

Sao Paulo: GRU/CGH

The list of citiy pairs which are forbidden to operate so far is this list (below). If you feel that other city pairs should be added to the ban-list then please submit to AS support - that's what Spezialist is asking for. This is called the official way and yes, you will most likely not receive an answer but AS team can track your ticket.

Asia Bangkok: BKK/DMK Dubai: DXB/DWC Osaka: KIX/ITM Seoul: ICN/GMP Shanghai: SHA/PVG Taipeh: TPE/TSA Tehran: THR/IKA Tokyo: NRT/HND Europe Berlin: THF/TXL/SXF (/BER) London: LCY/LGW/LHR/STN/LTN Milan: MXP/LIN Moscow: SVO/DME/VKO Oslo: OSL/TRF/RYG Paris: CDG/ORY/LBG Rome: FCO/CIA Stockholm: ARN/NYO/BMA North America Chicago: ORD/MDW Dallas: DFW/DAL Houston: IAH/HOU Montreal: YUL/YMX New York: JFK/EWR/LGA Toronto: YYZ/YTZ Washington: IAD/DCA/BWI South America Buenos Aires: AEP/EZE Rio de Janeiro: GIG/SDU Sao Paulo: GRU/CGH

"Very short connecting flights are accepteable if they constitute a realistic service (for example, flights between nearby islands)".

What more do you need?

P.S. I used bold letters, as some people have poor eyesight probably.

This is exactly, what I expected - as it is perfect example, how Super-User are thinking. Because what you clearly wrote was:

"Even if they break the rules, it still no bother me".

In other words; you confessed, that keeping of Game rules means nothing to you.

Sobelair is one of the fairest players here. He is not confessing that he does not bother about rules breaking but he wrote that a competitor is flying this short route - Jan is not bothering about the fact that he is doing it and would also not if this airline would break the rules. Please read carefully what was written and don't mix things up.

Jan is a Super User but in a different meaning: he is playing the game for years with a great attitude of support for new players and a huge knowledge which he is willing to share with his mentored / supported players. That's what I call super, Jan! Thank you very much!

What more do you need?

You don't want to understand and are still behaving like a child.

What more do you need?

All other inner-city connections that highscore posted are hard-coded bans which you can't even schedule without AS giving you an error. For Beijing, this is not the case at the moment. So it's illegal by the rules, but possible by the game. The intention of a mail to the support would be to introduce those hard-coding for Beijing (and other cities where this might have been forgotten) as well.