USA Startup

I'm new to AS, got a few questions to start up.

1. Is it better to have high frequency short routes ie. LAX-PHX, LAX-SFO, LAX-LAS or is it better to fly longer one like LAX-NRT, LAX-ICN?

2. I want to provide less dense cabin config for long haul, but to optimize aircraft utilization, I should also deploy it on short domestic sector. Should I just stick to dense cabin config?

Any input is appreciated, thank you.

Hi and welcome to AS,

First .... the US Market is highly competetive and might not be the Ideal spot of starting into the game especially if you are brand new to AS. But it is for sure worth trying and figuring out for oneself if it was a good or bad Idea. AS is build at the moment to use hubs. So if you can find an airport that has lots of free slots you can start and create your hub network. If you startet on Quimby you can try and use aircrafts in the size of an A320 or B737 Family from the start on .... on older servers it is recomended to start with CRJ's, Dash's or -Jets because there are much esier to fill less expensive and quite profitable. there more aircrafts you have in the beginning ther more connection you can have and so generate more passengers instead of getting 1-2 bigger aircrafts.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Been restarting couple times since last post. Every time restarted stronger, lol..

After several reading, seems US is not so recommended place to start, but since the server kinda new, so I insist on building network in US.

Currently, I have 10 DC-8s, 8 with F4J12Y84 serving international routes and 2 with F4J15Y120 serving continental routes.

From LAX to NRT, ICN, PEK and from JFK to LHR, CDG, with departure and arrival timed to connect with two daily LAX-JFK.

So far on these flights the load factor is 100% and flights are making profits. Not as much as I want though,

To increase utilization of the international fleet, I schedule some domestic routes like JFK-ATL, JFK-ORD, JFK-DFW, but they losing money.

Seems my less dense seating configuration is not suitable for short routes. Even my continental configuration barely make money on shorter routes.

Anyone try similar plan? Is it a good idea to start an airline or should I focus to create enormous domestic network before going overseas?

Again, any input are welcome and appreciated.

For being in the USA, domestic flights are the best, and ones that are about 1000-2000 km will net you the most money and the most passengers. You need to find a good hub, no less than 7 bar passenger demand, and fly multiple times to the big airports. That will get you a domestic network. Then you can connect to smaller airports in the coming months.