What Is The Best Airline You Have Flown With?

What is your favourite airline? My favourite is TAP Portugal.

I don´t have a favorite airline of mine. There lack to have their individual approaches IMO and the experience aboard on short flights is exchangeable, even seats are looking very similar.

Personally I like all my flights as a child or young boy throughout the 1980s and the first half of the 1990s. It was "different" after all.

I also can remember the "transition-phases" at some airlines regarding their fleets with classic jetliners operating alongside very new ones and I was really impressed. For example I really enjoyed flights with Iberia in 1991: domestic runs with DC-9/Boeing 727s and international flights to Germany with brand-new A320s and MD-87s (my affection for MD-80s started after the MD-87-flights with Iberia and I fell in love with them and their livery). Same with Finnair and their DC-9 as well as MD-80s or Lufthansa with 727s and A320s, Boeing 737s, A300s. 

I know it's a cliche- but Singapore Airlines is my personal best, without a doubt. It also helps they have such a superb hub airport. The public showers in Changi are nicer than my bathroom at home.

I've also quite enjoyed flying on Qantas and Air France. I've flown/endured most of the US airlines and they're all much the same, but Alaska Airlines was always my choice when I could. Even though the actual product wasn't that much better than the others, I found they always had really nice staff.

Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines or Singapore Airlines, as mentioned by clfi3012. They're always very consistent, and excellent service/amenities. 

Lufthansa, Qatar, Jet Airways or ANA :)

LAN is without a doubt the best in my region, and I like Qantas and British Airways as well. American Airlines and Iberia on the other hand are quite bad currently.

I've flown on Cathay and Singapore. Both of them are veeeeery good :D

Cathay Pacific: The seats were quite bigger than any economy class i've flown, the IFE touch screen was really good. the Emirates touch-screen was really bad.

Singapore Airlines: I like the service, the KrisWorld IFE had a lot of choices, I get bored easily on the airplane but I stayed satifisfied the entire flight.

You should make differences between classes.

The best in First Class was Swiss by far!

Business was Turkish

and Economy I verly liked the friendly and fast service @ Etihad when I connected from Abu Dhabi to Dus in Air Berlin I was shocked I had the feeling of beeing attended by butchers womans :D

WELL, I do like TAM Airlines. I used to hear people saying good things about Varig back in time... (Brazil have four "big" airlines, so I didn't really tried lots of airlines). 

WELL, I do like TAM Airlines. I used to hear people saying good things about Varig back in time... (Brazil have four "big" airlines, so I didn't really tried lots of airlines). 

Azul is owned by the co-founder of JetBlue

I heard it's pretty good for a low-cost airline

On an Azul flight they provide live tv, good snacks and drinks, plus comfortable seating. They only fly in Brazil so thats why you probably havent flown Azul

Azul is owned by the co-founder of JetBlue

I heard it's pretty good for a low-cost airline

On an Azul flight they provide live tv, good snacks and drinks, plus comfortable seating. They only fly in Brazil so thats why you probably havent flown Azul

Yes, Azul is a good company, the tickets are not cheap  as well in some routes. The problem is that their base of operations is in the interior of São Paulo, almost two hours from Congonhas airport, and from my house (30 minutes to CGH)  which is what I normally use for traveling. The fact is: I won't travel two hours in a bus to catch a 1 hour flight to pay "20, 30" U$ less in a ticket! (They do operate in CGH and GRU But don't have lotes of flights as TAM, Gol and Avianca do!). :s

British Airways FTW. Best customer service possible.

Second would be the now defunct Futura Gael.

...since there are only 2 major airlines that fly to and from iceland

Only 2? I thought that a larger number of bigger airlines are flying to Iceland. Demand should be there due to the attractions of Iceland.

My sources tell me there are about 21 airlines operating scheduled services to Iceland right now ;)

Aegean Airlines has amazing customer service and I've always had great flights with them. Swiss Air does a great job too. I fly them in business class a lot. Zurich Airport is such an efficient airport to make a transfer in. I miss Continental Airlines. United ruined that for me.

Favourite airline and best airline are two different things.  Your best airline might be to expensive to be your favourite.

Best airline till now: KLM long haul

Favourite airline: I would love to say Brussels Airlines but looking at the flights of the last years.. it's Ryanair.

Turkish for food, Virgin Atlantic for aesthetics/design, Cathay Pacific for service

Hm, hard,

I think that Norwegian is actually the best for economy short haul (One of the 3 times flying economy). I like Ethiad and Emirates for long haul first and buisness. Also I like SAS Plus for short haul buisness (maybe just because I can take a taxi and get into the launge directly almost). If I should say the worst it is totally Wizz air. Well I was in an terrible storm the ocsygen masks went down and we were going totally down wards but in the last minute I think at about 500 feet the pilot pullled up. Well many people got very hurt after the shacking and some had a blackout. Also during this the flight attendants were also very frighten and did not help any of the hurt passagers. Well we landed safly in an military airport that was not preapred at all for passager planes and it was tottaly shut down at mid night so we had to wait in that plane filled whit puke for about 30 minutes. Well I say filled whit puke as the puke bags were made of some bad papper and were leaking. Also BA is very bad in all ways except customer service and there flight attendants, Otherwise their food, seats and IFL are all terrible, both in Buisness and First. Neverthless I liked there detail perfection and lounges too, especially the Concorde Room.

Christian

Lufthansa!

Finnair is ok

My worst experience is hainan and air China their customer service lacks a lot.

I don’t even know if to call racism or ignorance XD

Flying from Beijing to Changsha. Coming of an long flight AMS-FRA-PEK.

As a normal person would do is try to relax and listen to music.

The moment I toke my phone and tried to listen to music the FA came up to me like I’m a sort of terrorist.

No electronic device allow sir! (I’m black)

While the rest of the plane with Chinese nationals are using their laptops iPads and mobile phones

That’s Hainan airlines for you :confused:

Hainan air 5star airline my a**…

Air china… Flight delayed missed my transfer :frowning: needed to pay €500. To take the last flight from FRA -AMS.

Next day complain in the phone and email, nothing…

Those airlines don’t get me wrong they fly good smooth landing good food but understanding forginers hell no

While Lufthansa , there you got an good airline with customer service and my favourite airline to fly AMS - CSX(Changsha China )

I recommend LH especially their A380 :smiley:

LH is my favourite airline too, had only good experiences. Swiss, Austrian, Brussels, Aeroflot and Belavia are ok. I try to avoid flying SAS, expensive but poor service anyway.