What's with the IL-18D?

Ellinikon has too many 1000+ airlines many controlled by the same person, the usual AS Virus, dumping 20 Airbus's or Boeing's onto every airport with slots forcing a lot of fun players to just quit because they are fed up.

Aas I wrote before why not just give them there own server since that is all that happens so clearly AS is only interested in a few 4 credit a day major enterprises compared to many 4 credit a day small enterprises having fun.

Quimby already has some major hub airports with 60% of all slots going to one resident airline running IL-18

Well there are airlines who want to rule the world but I just do not care about them. I totally understand an airline having 1000 planes just flying in 1 country or 1 hub, but I never understand airlines coming stationing 20 A320 or 737 as you said just to feel like they have been taking over and not let new members come in. Well you could start a regional airline flying whit lots of small aircraft to small destinations were the big airline would never be able to send a A320 or 737. And whit the help of an alliance you could beat them and they will move away there aircraft from your airport.

Examples for airlines like this in the real world are:

• Delta, trying to finish all other american airlines and just buy them up when they go into bankruptcy.
  • Ryanair, stationing aircraft everywhere. For example I have never flown whit Ryanair and I will never.
  • Wizzair trying to take over Europe from the traditional national carriers.

An Alliance will not help you to beat a enterprise with 1000 + aircraft as the amount of connecting pax they generate is huge and they can afford to run 3 or 4 loss making aircraft for every 1 profitable one they have if necessary. Running 20 to 30 narrowbody aircraft at one hub to stifle all competition is nothing to them if they manage to capture 50% of all traffic in 2 weeks.

Yawn! Sets out its own goals and ignore the unimaginative frequent flyers.

Quality, not quantity!

An Alliance will not help you to beat a enterprise with 1000 + aircraft as the amount of connecting pax they generate is huge and they can afford to run 3 or 4 loss making aircraft for every 1 profitable one they have if necessary. Running 20 to 30 narrowbody aircraft at one hub to stifle all competition is nothing to them if they manage to capture 50% of all traffic in 2 weeks.

No they will not help you beat it, I did not even say that. They will help you to make sure that the big airline will not add more flights and maybe even take away some. As the big airline will finally notice that there flights there are not doing good and he will move his 20-30 planes to an other airport and bother other airlines, but not you. You will never get rid of him but you can make him move after much pressure of you and your alliance members.

And how exactly would an alliance achieve that?

And how exactly would an alliance achieve that?

They fly to you and get you lots of feed. Even if they just fly ones a day whit a dreamliner you will get about 100 passagers or even more into your system, and if you have 10 airlines flying 2 times a day whit their dremliners. I see just lots of feed by that and feed you can easy beat your competitors, even on their main routes. Well not the aliance itself but if you have IL whit the aliance members.

On long haul flights the competition is even tougher than on regional flights, because the distance can be multiplied by 2.5 for permissible connections. That is a LOT of options. I wouldn’t count on long haul feed from alliance or interline to be the saving grace of an airline; if you cannot have profitable regional and medium haul network on your own without long haul feed, there is some problem somewhere.

On long haul flights the competition is even tougher than on regional flights, because the distance can be multiplied by 2.5 for permissible connections. That is a LOT of options. I wouldn't count on long haul feed from alliance or interline to be the saving grace of an airline; if you cannot have profitable regional and medium haul network on your own without long haul feed, there is some problem somewhere.

Yes, there is a problem, the big airline which stationed 20-30 B737 or A320 in your hub. What I was saying was to make a good regional network flying to destinations where he would never be able to put his 737s on. For the regional network use Saabs, ATRs, Dash-8s, Dornier, LETs or Viking. Well when you have that, you do both produce your own feed but an aliance would be great when you will have to start price wars whit a big airline. If you manage this correctly you should be fine.

Remember the best time for price wars is now because the fuel price is low and the AGEX is good. I have been taking this oportunity to take out competitors but whit out my aliance I would never kept up whit the low revenue.

There are much better ways to compete than price. AS is about service, it has much better competitive impact than price. And with service I mean:

Image, seats, onboard service, aircraft type and age, staff mood, etc.

Will the IL-18D be able to survive on Quimby for the entire duration of the servers time? Or do you think at some point they will become inefficient and outdated as newer aircraft take over? I'm just wondering if it's worth it to lease some newer aircraft (A320, B787, etc) or will it not matter since the market won't become saturated enough?

no it wont be. In ellinikon even after 5 months airlines are still using Tu 154 and Yak 42Ds because they have got all the slots. How can a competitor put better aircraft on the routes when there are no slots available? I would say go for Il 18s and Il 62s and enjoy like others  :P

I would say exactly like uzk01. It has been dicused hundreths or if not billions of times. Quimby is a trail and error server, any modern plane will beat the IL-18 but players love them because they can reach a big airline very fast and of some resson everyone wants to be big, Even if a 737 or A320 will beat a il-18 at any time. Never start whit a Dreamliner (787) as you will never fill it up in the beggining.

Plase read the entire topic before you ask questions that have been awnsered on the same topic.

Yes, if one does not have the slots, then it does not work. Only, however, if you have the slots, then it should be with efficient aircraft, better service, good employee morale among others it works. That's what I try it out straight. Let's see what it comes out.

I have started with IL18s and dc8s but i intend to replace with airbus and boeing aircraft just for realism it may take longer to expand but oh well

I have started with IL18s and dc8s but i intend to replace with airbus and boeing aircraft just for realism it may take longer to expand but oh well

I have started with 2 A320/1, 1 Q400A and 2 or 3 IL18s. The IL18s for me are just for money to upgrade them to A320/1.