What's with the IL-18D?

Is that a bug/loophole in the system or will those birds really sell for such a low price? A new company starting with 80 of those things is ridiculous though. What’s going to happen to slots?

The IL-18D is a "super" (ironically) to aircraft:

1. quickly becoming the number 1 on the passenger numbers
2. raking in a lot of money to start
3. To make the SLOTS close

That's like the SIMS at The Cheat: Use "motherlode".
In this life-simulation, for "motherlode" $ 50,000 in AirlineSim there are just the IL-18D.

Really fun can not make this plane!

That was my comment on that and now to the situation in this Server:

On this server, the initial purchase price of that time are used as these aircraft were sold. At that time the aircraft costing just less than today. If these aircraft will be leased on this server now (virtual) as NEW, then the price of 1960 compared to current aircraft price is totally unrealistic. The price of the IL-18D and the other old aircraft would have to be adjusted to the current price level.

But, ok, it's a test server and I admit, it has a certain charm to figure out which old plane would still be competitive if it were new this aircraft.

If the market is saturated in a few weeks, then disappear the old cucumbers quickly from the airports. Unfortunately, the airlines do not, because they have to go much money raked in by new aircraft to lease up to 1 April. Pity.

In deutscher Sprache: 

Die IL-18D ist ein "Super" (ironisch gemeint) Flugzeug um:

1. ganz schnell die Nummer 1 bei den Passagierenzahlen zu werden
2. viel Geld zu Anfang zu scheffeln 
3. Die SLOTS dicht zu machen

Das ist als ob man bei The SIMS den Cheat: "motherlode" verwendet. 
In dieser Lebens-Simulation gibt es für "motherlode" 50 000 $, bei Airlinesim gibt es eben die IL-18D.

Wirklich Spaß kann dieses Flugzeug nicht machen! 

Das war mein Kommentar dazu und nun zu den Gegebenheiten auf diesem Server:

Auf diesem Server werden die Neukaufspreise von damals verwandt, als diese Flugzeuge verkauft wurden. Damals kosteten die Flugzeuge eben weniger als heute. Wenn diese Flugzeuge auf diesem Server nun (virtuell) als NEU verleast werden, dann ist der Preis von 1960, im Vergleich zu aktuellen Flugzeugpreisen total unrealistisch. Der Preis der IL-18D und der andere alten Flugzeuge müsste dem aktuellen Preisniveau angepasst werden.

Aber, ok, es ist ein Test-Server und ich gebe zu, es hat einen gewissen Reiz herauszufinden, welches alte Flugzeug heute noch wettbewerbsfähig wäre, wenn es dieses Flugzeug neu gäbe. 

Wenn der Markt in ein paar Wochen gesättigt ist, dann verschwinden die alten Gurken ganz schnell von den Flughäfen. Die Fluggesellschaften leider nicht, denn die haben bis dahin viel Geld gescheffelt um sich neues Fluggerät bis zum 1. April zu leasen. Schade. 

It's kind of exploit, but nobody cares them only because its a test server

It's kind of exploit, but nobody cares them only because its a test server

I wouldn't call it an exploit, it's simply how things go in this fun world.

The “problem” has been mentioned already:

Prices for old aircraft have not been inflation adjusted.

But what to do? Going through all the work to adjust prices would be a waste of time as then, these old airframes would be uninterestjng again.

Advice to anyone complaining:

If you don’t like the situation, don’t play Quimby. If you want to check the NUI, simply want to train AS basics or have fun scheduling a shiitload of Il-18 or 727s, then Quimby is yours.

I wouldn't call it an exploit, it's simply how things go in this fun world.

The “problem” has been mentioned already:

Prices for old aircraft have not been inflation adjusted.

But what to do? Going through all the work to adjust prices would be a waste of time as then, these old airframes would be uninterestjng again.

Advice to anyone complaining:

If you don’t like the situation, don’t play Quimby. If you want to check the NUI, simply want to train AS basics or have fun scheduling a shiitload of Il-18 or 727s, then Quimby is yours.

maybe we do have different interpretation on the word "exploit". But I do agree with your point about Quimby... Just don't be too serious and treat it as a training server! :)

There are a few major exploits but since AS seem to love allowing loopholes so a few people can generate millions in the first two weeks of a server so they can then dominate them I'm not sure why they do not just allow them to rent a server by themselves.

The loophole with Il-18D or generally cheap old planes is really absolutely unrealistic and disappointing. Why should I care to play a "realistic" airline simuliation if there are such stupid mistakes in there. I guess I'll just go on playing airwaysim... It's sad though because some features of airlinesim are quite interesting.

If you enter a gameworld where old aircraft not produced for years as a beginners world, you still claim that it would be more realistic if the IL-18D would be more expensive?

The price of the Il-18 and DC-8 ist NOT close to realistic - full stop. Just think about what would regular passengers do if a company would start trying to compete with A320 and B737 and the sort with Il-18. No one would use it! The same holds true for DC8 vs B777. The one mistake is probably that passenger demand is just set to some random number and there is a demand that fills up any plane regardless of how shitty it is.

I start playing airlinesim and this is the first chance to play a world that is not already overfilled with established airlines. And now I see that there are some trolls starting with a fleet of 100+ planes...

There are two possibilities to make it more realisitic:

1) At least the price would need to be corrected for the 40years of inflation - i.e. multiplied by something line 4-8. Also, consider the forbiddingly high cost of running such a plane. There's a reason no company has been using Il-18 since the fall of the Soviet Union, right? This fact has to be reflected in a wanna-be realistic simulation (and it is in airwaysim, by the way)

2) Just make a certain choise of planes available at any given time, i.e use realistic dates. In 1960 the Il-18 or DC-8 are attractive planes, but there were no modern planes available. Trying to setup an airline with CRJ that have to compete with a hord of Il-18 just makes me sick and losing all my interest in figuring out a perfect strategy!!!

The Setup with new Oldtimers for cheap prices also kills the fun for me on this kind of servers. Just wait for a new server with traditional setup.

I thought of an even simpler version to correct this nonsense. It would be easy to simply limit the absolute number of seats everyone can buy with immediate delivery. Starting with a high demand but no offer is unrealstic anyways, but it could be done in a better way...

And I've been waiting for months already for a new server - because I was a little to late for the ellinikon...

By the way, there is a penalty in the game for using old aircrafts (not in terms of aircraft age - doesn't matter on quimby). The popularity-rating for planes like il18d is shit and therefore you will get a worse overall rating for your flight. But the penalty isn't high enough to counter the effect of missing inflation on the buying price.

Overall Quimby is just a sandbox and testing-server. You should not start playing there if you are interested in a realistic simulation. 

So Il-18 is the bad guy of quimby :P

I like the new settings though.

Just don’t play in Quimby and wait for the next serious server…

Or use one of the other... it is never to late to start there.

There are plenty of opportunities on older servers, one just has to look for them. Even USA can be played on many servers, though it may seem full. It just takes some searching and one's willingness to look beyond setting up in Frankfurt, Paris or London Heathrow. How many airlines are there in the real world and how many of them are set up in LHR, CDG and LHR respectively? Just one ...

My concern is that slots are going up so quickly with these cheap birds that it will be hard to schedule in the major hubs within a week. And that for me is highly frustrating.

I thought of an even simpler version to correct this nonsense. It would be easy to simply limit the absolute number of seats everyone can buy with immediate delivery. Starting with a high demand but no offer is unrealstic anyways, but it could be done in a better way...

And I've been waiting for months already for a new server - because I was a little to late for the ellinikon...

It is never to late to play anywere. Even Ellinikon is in it´s best part now, because there are no seriously big airlines (1000 planes) and it is not continiusly spamed by new airlines. My advice would be serch the market on all the servers and I am sure you will find atleast a badly used 6 bar airport. Start up in that 6 or 7 bar airport, when you have some money you can start in a bigger airport too (never LHR, FRA or CDG).

Christian

Ellinikon has too many 1000+ airlines many controlled by the same person, the usual AS Virus, dumping 20 Airbus's or Boeing's onto every airport with slots forcing a lot of fun players to just quit because they are fed up.

Aas I wrote before why not just give them there own server since that is all that happens so clearly AS is only interested in a few 4 credit a day major enterprises compared to many 4 credit a day small enterprises having fun.

Quimby already has some major hub airports with 60% of all slots going to one resident airline running IL-18

I recently posted a thread with plenty of 7 and 8 bar airports available with a couple of 9s and one 10 bar airport, all having 50% or more slots available, in major markets, and that was just on Nicosia. That was posted on German board. A player recently started in underutilized Venezuela which is virtually empty on most servers, with plenty of money to be made there.