Why is my plane grounded????

Hi all,

I have a question regarding aircraft maintenance...

My plane in an A320-200 heavy and my route is set up in such a way so that the maintenance ration is at 141%

However I noticed that the conditionof the aircraft fell below 50% and now my aircraft is grounded and fights are being cancelled.

WHY?????

No money for repair, or no 2 hours time for repairs.

I suggest wait for the next gap between the flights (must be longer than 2 hours, e.g. 2 hours 1 min) then the aircraft get repaired.

There is plenty of money, and there is a huge gap between flights in 2 different days...

I'll wait and see... but veryu strange

There is plenty of money, and there is a huge gap between flights in 2 different days...

I'll wait and see... but veryu strange

I think this is the Problem .... you need 2hrs between flights to get maintanance done and you should have 4-5 hrs each day especially for short and medium haul aircrafts. If you have only maintanance sheduled in 2 different days a week the maintanance maybe not go back to 100% but only to 85% and when you fly then for 3 days it will drop below 50% and the airplane gets grounded....... I guess thats what happen to you .

I think this is the Problem .... you need 2hrs between flights to get maintanance done and you should have 4-5 hrs each day especially for short and medium haul aircrafts. If you have only maintanance sheduled in 2 different days a week the maintanance maybe not go back to 100% but only to 85% and when you fly then for 3 days it will drop below 50% and the airplane gets grounded....... I guess thats what happen to you .

Maybe you're right. I will observe this and let you know. Thanks a lot....

BenjaminA330 is most likely correct. You need to spread out your maint schedule evenly otherwise it's no use if you have got a really high maint ratio...think about it, if you run the plane for 6 consecutive days and then leave it blank for 1 day - by the end of day 3 the condition will fall below 50%.... and I'm sure you get a really high maint ratio if you schedule it like this!