Why no permanent server with new ORS?

It seems we get a new temporary server every other weekend, but the last new permanent server is almost two years old by now.

To me it’s especially bothersome because AS has come up with a new ORS since then, which is way more realistic and prevents these unrealistically low seating configs.

However, if I wanna play with the new ORS and don’t wanna see my work go down the drain after 9 months my only option is to play on private servers. I really don’t get why.

4 Likes

I understand the “new” ORS to just be no more than a tweak to the old one - keeping most of its shortcomings.
I’d expect such server should there ever be a really “new” ORS, one that not only caps ratings but actually distributes demand in a more realistic way. I keep my fingers crossed.

I‘d also appreciate a new permanent server. On the existing ones it‘s hard to start. Yet, when you talk to the Airlinesim team they just say that there are already enough permanent servers. That‘s just awful, I tried to start airlines on the existing servers several times but it just didn‘t work out…
A new permanent servers could attract a lot of players, I don‘t know why they don‘t consider that.

In fact, it is no problem to find a spot on an old server.
It just needs some experience.
I suggest playing on temp servers to learn (without the frustration of restarting al the time) and then move on to an old server.

Yeah, I tried it a few times. You‘re right, you can find certain spots on certain servers. The problem I had everytime I tried it, that it was more or less impossible to get slots to fly into bigger airports. You‘d only have to wait - maybe years - until a bigger player quits in most cases. That‘s why I‘d be voting for a new permanent server.
So I‘d say a new server will be appreciated by a lot of players, as long as there are means to make it work somehow. Because I get that they can‘t just stop one of the older permanent servers.

You don’t need to fly into those biggest airport to have a working airline. I actually find it quite realistic to have troubles finding slots in some airports. I mean, real business also doesn’t work like “…hello I’m new, give me some slots in LHR”
Discussions about old servers are plenty.
My opinion still is: keep them running.

But I’d definitely be all in for a server reset, once we could get an all new ORS (demand distribution) and possibly new aircraft data with updated performance formulas (an all new performance system would be whishful thinking, but I don’t hold my breath)

I agree, the present performance has some very strange outcomes…

That’s not even the point for me. I managed to establish a few fairly successful airlines on older servers, but these insanely unrealistic seating configs just really spoil the fun for me after a short while.

Also they exaggerate the slot problem even further.

I understand that some people will always keep asking for new servers in hope of securing a good market spot, but that’s not my problem. I’ve tried the new ORS and IMO it’s significantly better, so I really don’t get why there is not a single permanent server with it.

I understand that theoretically it would make sense to wait until there is a completely new ORS, but I’ve lost hope on that. I don’t see it coming anytime soon and if it’s a matter of years then I think there is plenty of reason to establish such a server.

1 Like