World Statistics (AKSs and ATKs)

Would it be possible to add some additional statistics. The Pax/week and Pax Seats/week are good, but don’t take into account how far some airlines are flying.

For real airlines, some of the most important statistics are Available Seat Km (ASKs) and Available Tonne Km (ATKs)

And its basically the number of seats x by the distance that it flies, so for internal flights in America where a lot of North American capacity usually is, they will be worth less in terms of ASKs than transatlantic capacity. Think it would just be a fairer way to compare airlines on servers.

The data exists. That’s where the final stats for temporary game worlds come from. Since I was almost certain that we had them as in-game stats at some point, I checked the code and discovered that we disabled custom queries on this dataset in 2011 for performance reasons. Likely because we keep this data on a very low level (stats per airport pair and week for each airline/alliance), so running custom aggregations on this on the fly is expensive. Might be worth having another look at this, but I am almost certain that the same fundamental reasons are still valid, so it would require some extra engineering to make them available again.

1 Like