Best:

1. Singapore

2. Emirates

3. Qatar Airways

4. Thai

Such a useless thread -_-

such a useless post

I knew someone was going to post that :lol:

I’ll list the airlines I’ve flown with in order of preference… ;)

1. TAP Portugal

2. Lufthansa

3. Swiss

4. KLM

5. Germanwings

6. Air Canada (though I admit this could be near the top, since I have 0 comparison on long haul flights)

7. SATA

8. Brussels Airlines (actually, the former Virgin Express, which is now part of Brussels Airlines ever since it joined with SN)

9. Ryanair (cheap, but that’s about all. They nearly made me miss my flight because of the huge line at check-in at Faro which was only handled by a single check-in agent. I was there 4 hours prior to departure!)

10. Iberia (they managed to lose my luggage twice on separate journeys, one of which also had a technical problem on their old MD80 AFTER we already had our pushback, which was already delayed due to the very same problem being fixed [turns out it wasn’t fixed])

11. Alitalia (managed to lose my luggage twice on the same return journey, plus not too impressed with their transfer options in MXP)

Those should be all airlines I’ve ever flown with… As said, ACA might deserve a spot higher on the list, but since I can’t compare them to other long haul flights, this is where they stand right now.

You forgot to say that Alitalia has the worst food!

I generally dislike airline food, due to the fact I’m rather picky with it anyway, so I can’t really judge. All I can say is, the 4-or-so flights where I did find I could eat the food, it was alright (this being on Air Canada, TAP, Swiss and Lufthansa).

I guess you never changed with luggage in AMS? That would bring KLM, otherwise a quite nice (I daresay bold) airline, down on your list.

Oh, and when was your flight with AZ? About four years ago they basically gave up MXP.

Yep, about 5 years ago.

No, I never transferred at AMS, on the one flight with KLM that was my point of origin. I also now know better than to book a transfer flight with luggage, even more so if it’s sports equipment. Don’t want that to get lost on transfer…

I’ve flown in several US airline carriers: Delta, American Airlines, Sun Country, Southwest, and Frontier. I haven’t complained about any of those airlines but my favorite (and most frequently used) would be Southwest, mostly due to the fact they’re cheaper and doesn’t have baggage fees for the first bag (and that’s all I really need anyway). Also it helps that Southwest Airlines has a major hub in Phoenix, Arizona, USA, just a few hours drive away from home. :)

One thing I liked about my experience with Frontier Airlines (based out of Denver, Colorado, USA) were the TV screens on the backside of each economy seat.

ryanair really its the worlds worst airline. its ignorant cabin crew and horrible cabin

Nobody mentioned Turkish Airlines, who won some kind of award for Best Airline recently. I flew with them to Istanbul, and while their service in the air is excellent - the food on a 2+ hour flight was better than you get on most long haul - the airport at Istanbul is a disaster. The aircraft spent about 30 minutes in holding pattern. When we finally landed, it took 40 minutes to reach final parking position, which wasn’t even at a jetway. We then stood for another 30 minutes in the bus while an endless stream of aircraft taxied past in front of us. At arrival there were then vast queues to get a visa, which is simply a stamp in the passport, followed by yet another endless queue to go through the actual passport control - whatever official dreamt up this job creation scheme should be shot.

The return trip was a rerun of the arrival - endless queues for checkin, passport control and security checks - you can’t even get into the airport without a security check - then three gate changes at intervals of an hour while the plane was delayed, presumably stuck on a taxiway somewhere. Finally yet another totally pointless security check before boarding, then the dreaded taxi - out of the window I could get a glimpse of planes lined up in front of us all the way to the holding point somewhere beyond the horizon - passengers started screaming and shouting after we had spent about an hour on the ground strapped into our seats, none of the F/As nor the flight crew thought of explaining what was going on.

I have flown on British Airways numerous times and in Premium economy you get meal that on other airlines would be in business or first. they also are very helpful and polite. In my opinion British airways would be one of the best

Just what i was thinking… I wouldn’t go around saying an airline is bad.

My Top 5:

1. Emirates (best ever)

2. Lufthansa / Swiss (for long-distance-flights)

3. Air Berlin (for Europe-Flights)

4. Air Canada (My favourite in North-America the B777-300ER Seatspace -)

5. Etihad

My worst 5:

1. Ryanair

2. American Airlines (never again !!! )

3. Delta Airlines (I have to pay for the PTV? WTF)

4. Air France (bad Service, bad Seatspace)

5. United Airlines (At the volcano ash time i didn’t get a voucher for something and the seatspace is bad)

I don’t know why the North-American-Airlines are so bad. Next time just via Toronto !

I only flew 3 ailines

1)Thomas cook

2)brussels airlines

3)ryanair

Most adventurous: LC Busre/LC Perú

seems like some people in this topic are pretty useless having never really flown on a wide selection of airlines yet still coming in here to give their "2 cents"

I fly (or flew on) the following airlines on a regular basis (i.e. at least twice a year)

British Airways

Virgin Atlantic

Cathay Pacific

Dragonair

Air New Zealand

KLM

Air France

CityJet

United Airlines

Continental

BA CityFlyer

EasyJet

Singapore Airlines

Emirates

EVA Air

China Airlines

China Southern

Xiamen Airlines

Oasis (Defunct)

Lufthansa

Germanwings

Swissair

Last year I spent 222 days on the road between 30 different cities in 11 countries for a total of 191,585 miles.

This year i’m hoping to break the 200,000 mile mark.