Accounting question

Hi,
I’m trying to work out where some extra income is coming from.
I checked my total as 432,760 AS$ before 2 flights departed at 00.25 HT.
No other flights depart at or around this time.
I checked the profit from the Costing Summary for both flights as 41,164 and 38,389.
That should have increased my AS$ total to 512,313.
At 00.26 HT I checked my total: 538,225 AS$, which is 25,912 more than expected.
I immediately thought, connections income.
I checked Accounting / Bank Account. No connections income.
I’m not complaining about the extra income :upside_down_face: , just trying to work out what I’m missing or not comprehending.
Thanks!

Hey!

You have to check the CMII (after Flight-Related-cost). This is the money you get after departing.

Leasing and Cabin Crew is payed later and that is way the profit is not the money you get by departing.

1 Like
  1. you can see all movements on your bank account, so you don’t have to “guess”, which income you actually had. Income of further flights or what ever would be displayed here.

2. I think your mistake is the value from “costing summary”. If you take the total profit of a flight (I guess 41,164 and 38,389 are exactly these values), there are already many positions paid ind a cost-accounting way, but the costs will be paid later. E.g. the salary for your staff is subtracted to get to your “total profit of a flight”. But from your bank account the salary will be paid at your week-end-closing.

If you compare the positions of the flight calculation and the positions in your bank account statement, you will see the difference. E.g. catering is paid at the moment when the passengers pay the flight (=when in departs from the airport). Salary or leasing costs occur later.

1 Like

@Schlaumeier22
Thanks, CMII brings it within 2,794 AS$.

@derMaster1
Thanks for the suggestion.
Maintenance cost of 1,397 x 2 flights seems to work for the above figure.

Have we solved it?

@narrator

Yes! That seems right :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Schlaumeier22
@derMaster1
Excellent! Thanks Both!