Advantage of a via flight

So I've seen in some postings that there are no advantages of making a via-flight (where the stop is where you have traffic rights) vis-a-vis two separate flights. But I wonder if this is true. If you have a via-stop where the transit time is 1:30h, and the turn-around time is one hour, transit passengers will save 30 minutes by sitting tight in the aircraft waiting compared to have to change the aircraft (and your aircraft spends minimum time on the ground). Doesn't this advantage show up somewhere in the system?

Pax can stay on board and continue on the same plane everywhere and irrespective of transfer time. The only advantage of a via-flight is that you save a flight number. But for flights according to the Yamoussoukro Decision a via-flight is required.

Just a question and I don’t expect it in the game but, in real life, don’t pax have to get off on via flights?

Pax can stay on board and continue on the same plane everywhere and irrespective of transfer time. The only advantage of a via-flight is that you save a flight number. But for flights according to the Yamoussoukro Decision a via-flight is required.

So you mean that even if you finish the flight and change the flight number, transfer pax (from this aircrafts departure point to the arrival point) will not be affected even if the aircraft takes off before the minimum transfer time? :blink:

Just a question and I don't expect it in the game but, in real life, don't pax have to get off on via flights?

I once flew on a Mexicana flight from Mexico City to Los Angeles via Guadalajara. We stayed on the plane while some passengers deplaned and new ones boarded.

Just a question and I don't expect it in the game but, in real life, don't pax have to get off on via flights?

That depends on a number of factors. If for instance the plane needs to refuel and there is no fire truck available at the ramp, passengers might be required to leave the plane.

So you mean that even if you finish the flight and change the flight number, transfer pax (from this aircrafts departure point to the arrival point) will not be affected even if the aircraft takes off before the minimum transfer time? :blink:

If it's the same plane... no.