Bulk vs regular cargo

I’m looking at the differences between the airbus 330 and the 767 for cargo. I’m seeing a lot of numbers that don’t quite add up. What’ the Bulk vs Regular cargo numbers? Is there any reason to not do bulk or something like that? I’m seeing the 767 say it can carry as much as the 330 but I always thought the 330 carried more.

Also how is the total cargo capacity more than the payload capacity?

Click on the little question mark (behind the payload on the aircraft info page), that should explain it for you. Overall, the 330F will still carry more cargo units than a 767F, but the 767 is usually the first choice for players.

It also depends what you want want to do.

I run a cargo airline in Xiguan and I use the 33F payload with that I can carry 648 cu from KIX to ANC.
Compared to 550+/- on the 767F
The 767 has more range tho in that case I would still use the 33F or opt for a 77F if you have the range and demand for it

So how do I see how much they actually carry when the cargo units don’t match with their weights?

What do you mean by “cargo units don’'t match their weights”?
A CU in AS weights 100kg. How much an aircraft can carry on any given rotation depends on the capacity and the maximum payload for that given route. Whatever is lower devided by 100kg equals number of CUs that can be transported (can be less, if you don’t accept bulk cargo)

Also keep in mind that fuel weighs as well

The cargo max is more than the aircraft max look at the 767F

How does it work with interline agreements? If I have an IL with someone and we operate on the same route at the same price does the cargo from my network prefer my plane? Or is there a downside to IL agreements? What if I have a plane that charges slightly more and him slightly less?

IL works the same with Pax so it’s based on minimum and maximum connection time.

Example I fly KIX - ANC in ANC my partners take my cargo to ORD/LAX/DTW etc and my partners in KIX feed the flight to ANC from cargo in Japan

Yes, that is true for some aircrafts, but my earlier statement still stands. the amount of cargo you can transport is limited by the lower of the two numbers cargo capacity and maximum payload on the given route.

cargo capacity is a structural limit based on space and the weight limits of the structure of the aircraft. does the floor carry it? can the fuselage distribute the weight between the single holds and to the wing box?

the maximum payload is limited by aerodynamics in that way that the aircraft can only create a maximum lift and that limits its maximum take off mass.

the fact, that an aircraft’s structure could carry more weight than the aircraft can then actually lift is very common. the numbers in AS are probably the sum of the hold limits published in AHMs or manufacturer’s publication.

The same rule as always applies here, as well. AS pax don’t care what carrier they take. they are being distributed according to the overall ORS connection ratings. if your connection ratings are identical, you both get the same amount of payload (per connection offered with that identical rating)

Worth noting that the 767 is quite a bit cheaper per cargo unit

Not really if you got them from the secondary market, and A330-200F can be cheaper than B767-300F