CABIN CONFIGURATION PROBLEMS

There seems to be a Cabin Configuration problem in Stapleton, it might be general but at this point i'm only playing Stapleton, so I couldn't say for the other world... At this point the problem seems to be that it is not possible  to assign ant new Cabin Configuration to any aircraft what so ever, if there is already a Cabin Configuration assigned to an aircraft, the only possible option is ''Remove seating'' and if there's already a configuration attached to the aircraft the only option is ''No option'' and that even if I've Configure some Cabins, for that specific model of aircraft, in the new ''Cabin Configuration'' system. 

Question is there a glitch or a bug in the system at this time, if so when can we expect the situation to be back to normal :huh: ???

Regards

Polar Bear

As stated in the announcements forum and the portal page, they adjusted some of the seat values and it required a recalculation of the seat space available. You can keep the configurations you've already made, but you can't assign them to aircraft anymore. You can re-create them. The system will give you a refund on the seats you already put in, so you don't lose any money.

As stated in the announcements forum and the portal page, they adjusted some of the seat values and it required a recalculation of the seat space available. You can keep the configurations you've already made, but you can't assign them to aircraft anymore. You can re-create them. The system will give you a refund on the seats you already put in, so you don't lose any money.

When was the cutoff for this? I created a new seat map about 5 days ago and it has not migrated over to my aircraft that I had prior to the new map. New planes that I am leasing have the new seat maps. Are you saying that I need to redo the seat maps that I did a week ago or so?

The cutoff was when the data patch went live. You can recreate an equivalent configuration and apply it to your aircraft. You pay for the new seats, but you’ll also see a refund of the cost of the old seats. This refund is a one-time only thing though, changing the configuration again won’t give you a refund.

For my widebody aircraft, I was able to fit in more seats, so the new configuration cost more than the refund that I received. I haven’t updated the configs on my narrowbodies yet though.

The cutoff was when the data patch went live. You can recreate an equivalent configuration and apply it to your aircraft. You pay for the new seats, but you'll also see a refund of the cost of the old seats. This refund is a one-time only thing though, changing the configuration again won't give you a refund.For my widebody aircraft, I was able to fit in more seats, so the new configuration cost more than the refund that I received. I haven't updated the configs on my narrowbodies yet though.

Thanks much for the info. I must have done it on the 18th. I believe the patch was dated on the 19th or at least thats when they released info about it. There is still a 3 day wait period I assume for the changes to reflect?

Thanks much for the info. I must have done it on the 18th. I believe the patch was dated on the 19th or at least thats when they released info about it. There is still a 3 day wait period I assume for the changes to reflect?

Yes, once something is entered into the ORS, it remains entered into the ORS. Any changes (other than cancelling a flight) that we make take effect after 72 hours.

I still have not seen new cabin configurations reflected in my existing fleet - the new planes that I added since created the seat chart have the new chart, but I’m 99% its been over 3 days since I re-did seat charts due to the patch update. I also have not been charged for the new seats nor have I gotten a refund for the old ones.

You've created the new cabin configurations, after the patch, and installed them onto pre-existing planes with "old" cabin configurations (made before the patch)? That's how you get the 'refund', which is just the difference in cost between the two seating configurations. You don't have to put in new seats. You can still use the seats you had before the patch, and there won't be any difference in ratings.

You've created the new cabin configurations, after the patch, and installed them onto pre-existing planes with "old" cabin configurations (made before the patch)? That's how you get the 'refund', which is just the difference in cost between the two seating configurations. You don't have to put in new seats. You can still use the seats you had before the patch, and there won't be any difference in ratings.

Yes, new cab configs. when you ask about installing, all I did was make the new seat maps the default. Is there a step I missed per aircraft? I thought I read somewhere that a new, default seat map would be installed automatically in 3 days. Maybe thats where I screwed up?

You have to go to fleet management, select the a/c, select theconfig from the appearing menu and confirm. Only then will new seats be installed. 

The new config will affect all flights that will be entered into the system from that point forward

You have to go to fleet management, select the a/c, select theconfig from the appearing menu and confirm. Only then will new seats be installed. 

The new config will affect all flights that will be entered into the system from that point forward

Thanks! I had no idea. I never thought to click the ‘radial buttons’ to see what they would bring up at the bottom of the fleet list!