Cargo Traffic Rights

It seems currently the game ties cargo traffic rights with pax traffic rights if there is passenger seats on board, which i do not understand why it is the case.

I made a test with a 744M between TPE and RFD (i don’t have pax traffic right in TW or US), and i have a cargo connection hub on both sides. If i have no pax seats installed, the cargo section (about 400+ units) is close to being fully booked. If i added pax seats, the cargo booking dropped to close to none. It seems it is only taking cargo originating from my country with pax traffic rights.

Is this how it is supposed to behave? It doesn’t make any sense to me why i would lose the standard open cargo right by carrying a few pax connected from my flights which i have pax right at the origin, e.g., carrying pax from CGK to RFD via TPE is impacting the standard cargo booking between TPE and RFD

I can only guess why this happens. Pax traffic rights override cargo traffic rights. Which does not make sense at all as cargo is allowed everywhere but again, I guess that if pax traffic rights are not given, then also cargo is affected.

That’s also my guess, which doesn’t make much sense.
@martin @lenana Is this how it’s designed to be?

Your belly cargo should have unlimited traffic rights, just like with a pure cargo config.

More likely that your cargo-converted aircraft gets a better rating as “main deck freighters” get a bonus.

1 Like

wow, that’s a huge difference i don’t expect… I remember it was 400+ booked down to 50 (maybe less).

So is the better rating due to the main deck freighter or the dedicated freighter? Because 744M is not a dedicated freighter (which sounds like a bug for what i see because not installing seats at pax section doesn’t make it become one, but since that’s how i make 744M making money for me, I definitely don’t want to see it being fixed :grinning:) but it is always a main deck freighter (at least parts of cargo section,and this would be still kind of bug after installing seats because it should be still one)

I’d call it less of a bug and more of an edge case :wink:

Combis are rare (especially today) and doubt we’ll write extra code to handle them being main deck freighters even pre-conversion/change.