Changing flight numbers in existing schedule

Hi,

I'm one of those control freaks that likes to keep all their flight numbers for a specific route in a neat group together. So you might have all the flights from A to B numbered 90-92-94-96-98 and B-A 91-93-95-97-99. The problem arises when all the flight numbers 80-89 and 100-119 are used up, and you want to add an extra flight from A to B. The control freak's nightmare! :wacko:  So either I move all the 90-99 flight numbers somewhere else, or all the 100-119, or sit down and cry.

Ok, the old version it was tedious, but all I had to do was click on the route, click each individual flight in turn, think of a new free flight number, type it in and voila, do that 20 times and I'm done.

Now in the new version I'm lost. Where can I change the flight numbers?

I'm not asking for a magic software feature upgrade, just a pointer.

BTW I did come across this http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/7802-is-there-any-way-to-change-the-flight-numbers-for-a-large-number-of-flights-rapidly/page-2

- which didn't really answer the question AFAICS.

In flight number management, clicking the arrow in the flight number’s row brings you to a screen where you can change the flight number. Or at the very least, the flight number is in an editable text box. I don’t know if it actually changes the number when you hit submit.

Edit: add screenshot

ZfOEoF0.png

ok, that really helps! The new flight# goes in the box under settings, not the ones at the top. That one allocates a new flight number, but not to the flight schedule.

I was trying to do it the old way from the schedules but got lost.

Hi all, sort of wanted to bring this up. Is there any simple solution to change a large number of flight numbers quickly. I can see that a bulk change could be a programming nightmare, but alternatively, is there a way to assign a specific set of flight numbers to an airport pair?

What I mean is that if I have 20 return flights between AAA and BBB (so 40 flight numbers), can I assign all flights to be sequential starting with a flight number of my choosing, for example 1001. This means that all flights AAA-BBB will get an odd number that will start from 1001 and continue till all flights have been assigned the new numbers, and the followed by all BBB-AAA flights getting flight numbers 1002 followed by all subsequent even numbers,

Short answer is no.

Long answer is yes, if you go one by one through the old numbers and copy those to a new series of your choosing. start at flight XXX1 and copy it to flight YYY1, then press next to flight XXX2 and copy that to YYY2, and so on. It’ll be tedious but it can be done.

No bulk way, I’m afraid, other than to speed through those copy things. That also saves your flight number pricing and your settings for turnaround

Thank you, yes that is indeed what i am doing now. There’s a few thousand of them for me to go through, so it looks like a gargantuan task at hand.