Connecting passengers stats

Hi there,
I know the scheduling section of a flight gives you the data for connecting pax to own network and to external network.
Is there a way to find out where these people are coming from ?
I would like to increase the size of the own network and take away people from external network. I know the numbers will change to my favor as I add more destinations but if there is a single(or two ) airports that I use external connections, I’d like to add my next destination to that airport instead of using a different criterium.

Thanks…

I don’t believe there is any way to know specifically where they come from or where they go to.

1 Like

There are no statistics to tell you the destinations.

You can check the other way round, ie for return. For example if you operate SIN-DXB-SIN and want to check out what is the connection ex-DXB, you can check what is the connecting stat for DXB-SIN instead, provided that the connectivity both way is the same. (Assume both ways ORS is the same as well).

For example there are several routes FCO-DXB, LHR-DXB, ARN-DXB all can connect to your DXB-SIN. Then, pay attention to your book load at the time of when FCO/LHR/ARN demand is calculated. You can roughly get a estimation.

That data is not stored anywhere on the server (with literally millions of possible connections, it would be an impossible strain on resources). Once a passenger is booked, any prior information is lost, so even if you delete other connecting flights, that one flight will remain booked as there’s no data saying where the passengers came from or are going to.

The only thing you can do is try and guess: figure out at what time of the day a flight is being filled, and see if it matches the demand calculation time of any airport you think likely to be a point of origin.