Connection Issues

I’m having issues with my connections on some legs of my flights. I’ve been reading up on the direct distance issue, but I don’t think that is this case. I am HuskAir in Junkers.

I have 3 planes using a hub and spoke model, but I am not allowed connections on my ORD-OMA-JFK route. The distance from ORD to JFK is 1,186km (so 2.5x that is 2,965km). My flight from ORD to OMA is 668km and my OMA to JFK is 1,854 (totaling 2,522km). This is also affecting my ORD-OMA- ATL and LAX-OMA-DEN connections.

Any help would be appreciated!

I’m sure someone will be along to correct my beliefs soon but what I believe/remember… eligible connections are limited by…

• Distance, 1.5x direct distance (so max in the ORD-JFK example would be 1779km)
  • Min Connection time, as stated on the airport page
  • Max connection time, there is an upper limit, maybe 6hrs?

Forgetting about the distance… all the examples in your screenshot fail on the min or max connection time

Hi Ian, you remember SK? He always suggested to use minimum connection time plus 1 Minute, as AS is working with seconds too.

The issue here is simply the distance - the connection can’t be longer than twice the direct distance. I did a quick check on gcmap.com and ORD-OMA-JFK is a +112 % detour. Such a connection wouldn’t be eligible for the ORS and is therefore filtered out in the connections tab.

Detour for ORD-OMA-ATL is +104 %.
Detour for LAX-OMA-DEN is +109 %.

1 Like

Max connection time, there is an upper limit, maybe 6hrs?

Maximum is 8 hours :slight_smile: