Connection

Hello!

I'm wondering how many times passengers use connection flights. For example, my plane is bringing pax from Las Vegas to Seattle, from there they travel to my other hub New York, is it possible for the pax to use another connection flight with my airliner? For example JFK - MIA? So the route they travel is LAS - SEA - JFK - MIA, or will they only use this route LAS - SEA - JFK?

Greetz

They use up to three legs, so they change planes up to two times. In your example LAS-SEA-JFK would work, but LAS-SEA-JFK-MIA would not.

Thanks!

it could potentially work. The only downside is that the more the stops, the less the rating of the entire flight. 

Note that if the routes are scheduled back to back on the same plane, the pax don't need to get off, and therefore the connection time is not taken into account. 

Also, if you go to your route, click flight details, you will see the number of transfer pax (inbound and outbound, and internal and external). Unfortunately, at the moment, there's no real way to tell where they come from and where they go.

Also, if you click on an airport, then click on 'office page', in the top right corner you will see some additional statistics that show overall passenger movements (as %s) for that airport. This is particularly useful to look at a) connecting traffic at your hub and b) if your interline agreements are proving their worth.

They use up to three legs, so they change planes up to two times. In your example LAS-SEA-JFK would work, but LAS-SEA-JFK-MIA would not.

LAS-SEA-JFK-MIA is indeed three legs...so it works.