Demand ratings update for the remaining servers

Yeah, it’s very interesting for cargo.
As AK said, it looks at the moment like the days of scheduling a cargo flight to LEJ and ANC and having almost assured success are over. On the other hand, some other routes that had almost 0% LF but I still had due to laziness are suddenly performing!

I like it, it’s more realistic, but I can understand it would be a big shock for an airline without a big cash pile.

I haven’t yet seen a huge effect on my passenger airline, but am a bit more anxious about how that will go.

Completely agree, I’ve been playing on Croydon since November 2009, always had fun in the game, now I’m asking myself if the workload is worth, it’s not a job, it’s a past time. I like challenges, and I had managed to overcome all the changes and downturns of AGEX, but now my cargo load factor has halved, 50% less in a week. I run both operations, pax and cargo, now the cargo side is completely unrealistic, we can’t realistically have feeder fleets anywhere for cargo, that’s what interline agreements are for, FedEx doesn’t operate huge ATRs or 737s fleets in China, or any other country for what it matters, they have agreements with local airlines who act as feeders, same goes for UPS, LH Cargo and so on. 50% is not a patch, is a bloodbath. And it’s taking away the fun.

Where is the other tread please, the one discussing the updated demand rather than ORS?

I have noticed that since the “demand update” on Ellinikon most of my schedules suffered this strange effect, where demand in one direction is not equal to the opposite direction, the difference being anywhere from 2:1 30:0.
See screenshots for some examples.
Anybody can assert what is the reason behind this?
This basically makes it impossible to me to continue making reasonable operations in half my routes, which seems to me like an absolute nonsense.
Thank you.
Captura de pantalla 2020-07-08 a las 22.04.22 Captura de pantalla 2020-07-08 a las 22.04.01 Captura de pantalla 2020-07-08 a las 22.03.41

It seems to me that direct demand has declined and you now only have a certain connecting passagers in one direction.

Yes, that indeed is the case. What continue to look strange to me is that transfer passengers only fly from small airport to hubs and they never seem to come back. May they go back walking

Yeah, strange things sometimes. You can only try to offer better backroute. But without exact information about where they fly to, it is sometimes quite difficult.

Since the update the number of business class passengers decreased on most of my flights especially on mid and longhaul. Quite bad as business class has the best margin.
Anyone else with this problem?

Having the same issue on Croydon. Economy still full up to 100%, while Business on many routes fights to get at least 40-50% LF. Before the patch the Business LF was normally between 90 and 100%…

I am talking with other payers on Hellinikon and we all observing strange drop of cargo demand also.
Is this normal?
Because the city pairs with the doped demand are not looking normal.
I guess the time to leave AS is come…

Elliott

“I guess the time to leave AS is come…”

What kind of manager are you? Leaving when time gets tough? Says everything…

Sorry, I usually don’t want to post in the forum any longer but I had to say this, because it seems that a lot of players simply like to play when it’s easy and once it gets a bit tougher they think “the time to leave has come”.

What do you mean “Leaving when time gets tough?”?

We have been through very hard times under strong competition and we survive.

AGEX below 400, fuel price above a$80 etc…

We did it with hard work and hundreds hours of micro adjustments in our cargo hubs to survive.

Me, also some of my partners on Hellinikon, investing time on long term strategic. We cannot setup something completely new on current and/or another server.

During previous patches, such ground time buffers, all players informed early to find time and adjust their schedules.

Now we have major markets, US-South Korea, US-Hong Kong 100% down. Do you have any idea how many hours of adjustments required to restructure those routes?

As cargo managers we are expecting for so long the conversion tool for B738BCF, A321PF etc. And we get a patch with completely different effects.

Maybe old players (over 3 years) have to go out, give space to new. Anyway on Hellinikon we are only 4 major cargo player so its not a big deal.

40 hours for 3000 (now 2500) cargo planes.

2 Likes

Are you completely sure?

Not at the same time,
once AGEX was below 500 and another time fuel was almost 80

Hey if you are leaving, let us know - massive airlines in Ellinikion youll leave plenty of opportunities.

1 Like

Of course i will inform on the relevant topic. Will be very soon i guess :frowning:

Elliott

Sounds awesome to me!

is it just me or did business seats take a tremendous hit in the last update. I know the agex has been bouncing around but I am flying less than 50% business class on many flights that were full prior.

Yes, business class has had more hit than economy