Dev Log Week 2024-07: Sick Leave

Since I was out for a couple of days last week for health reasons and pretty busy with non-AirlineSim stuff, this is going to be a quick one.

I did one iteration of polish on the aircraft performance research tool I mentioned last week. Besides some technical improvements, I added the ability to edit all parameters currently used by the new performance formulas. The core part of the tool - the plot of the performance-range chart - received a few new indicators and one can now render arbitrary take-off weights.

This iteration was about content and functionality only, so it’s no surprise that the tool currently looks like this:

A visual update is on my to-do list, obviously :wink:. Meanwhile, who can guess which aircraft serves as an example here? :smiley:

In unrelated news, some players on Discord once again brought to my attention that some pages, especially flight planning, are often sluggish. Up to the point of being painfully slow and almost unusable. I was aware of this and I know of a few likely culprits that are (like so many things) on my list of to-dos. But when troubleshooting this particular case I realised an utter beginner’s mistake: Someone (me) forgot to configure GZIP encoding for the game, meaning if a complex page was 1MiB in size, these 1 MiB had to be sucked through the cables uncompressed. When receiving the same response in GZIP encoding, this would likely be 30kiB or something.

I just rolled out a corresponding config change with version 6.8.8. So let me know if things have improved for you.

1 Like