How tight should one go on cash reserves ?

I desperately want a new plane in Aspern.

How quickly is it safe to get it ? I’m figuring that I would have enough on my cash reserves to get next few flights of the ground. All flights are fully booked so the daily cash flow will rectify the bank account to safer levels with each departure before next pay day or leasing payments, but what I’m trying to avoid is to not go so low that I won’t have enough cash to pay for maintenance etc before next departures.

Also, how exactly is the plane’s leasing deposit deducted ? When I place the order or when I actually receive the aircraft. There is a delay between the two… Also, when is the cabin interior (seats) paid ? If I don’t have the automatic cabin assingment on, does it then get paid when I assign a cabin after I’ve received the plane, or do I have to specify and pay for it at the time of the order ? Would save a day there as well :wink:

Also, how exactly is the plane's leasing deposit deducted ? When I place the order or when I actually receive the aircraft.

When you order the aircraft.

Also, when is the cabin interior (seats) paid ? If I don't have the automatic cabin assingment on, does it then get paid when I assign a cabin after I've received the plane, or do I have to specify and pay for it at the time of the order ?

You pay it the moment you assign it.

As for cash reserves, personally I try to keep at least one week´s worth of operations as a reserve, so my airline could - in theory - run a full week without a single booking coming in. The downside to that is of course that it blocks quite a lot of money, but I value my peace of mind. ;)

So i don’t have to pay for the seats at the time of the order ?

If you turned the comfort function off and you MANUALLY select your seat configuration then you pay for the Seats when you oder them. So you don't pay for the seats  when you order the Aircraft when you ad them manually.

As for cash reserves, personally I try to keep at least one week´s worth of operations as a reserve, so my airline could - in theory - run a full week without a single booking coming in. The downside to that is of course that it blocks quite a lot of money, but I value my peace of mind. ;)

That's a luxury for me @Aspern. In new game worlds i tend to perform a bit of mental arithmetics to make sure I have the money needed  at the end of the week, since my salaries and leasing costs come out then. Moving forwards, I have to concur that it is the best to keep a weeks worth of cash tucked away 

Econimically speaking, the smartest thing to do is to invest as much as you can while still being able to pay the bills after a server start.

and since you know when you will have to pay for what and you also already know how much money you will be making for sure plus the additional bookings of the meanwhile, you can and should spend money at the earlierst possible time.

I don’t go as far as a week, but I keep at least 3-4 days worth of operations. As you said, peace of mind is priceless.