IL-18

Actually its 400+ already i dunno what u saw, and hes using like 1/3 his fleet because the cabin and crew train costs. I dont think this is cheating , maybe flooding (the market) is a better word for it , since the game alowing it.

But most of us saw what happened in peking , and i have no doubt what will happen in den , and other airports.

As i said the problem is with the game mechanics , il-18 should be around 30k(if the dc8-6 is around 55k) per week , not 4.5k …

402 weekly departures = 57.5 daily departures, you have 378 weekly = 54 daily departures. If it's not cheating then don't suggest that the other user is blocking anything...At the moment the other user is purely using a different tactic to yours

I’m not sure if you are missing our points on purpose or not…

I’m not a parrot , i’l write this down last time.

IL is too cheap , but rly. Ppl started to use this to flood the market and obviously occupy most of their airports. They are using so much il18 that forced other ppl , like me , to switch from theor original strat to il18 to occupy their airports too. Some dudes fresh registered ones saw this and restarted as full il-18 enterprises. Which will force even more enterprise to swap to crappy il18’s.

And bye airport slots. And if u are lucky and finding some pilots on the market , u have to pay only for the cabins and a small sum for the planes(like 45k?), which means u can buy even more il’s. And even more flood. The problem is with the mechanics and not with my dude , or the others, he was only an example.(maybe my words caused some misunderstandings then i’l edit them)

thank you

And you say you cant beat a direct rating of around 60? That is not even close to most direct flights, even most connections have a better rating.

In real life I really like those old Ilyushin's, but Otto has the potential to turn me into a hater.

They should rename this Gameworld and just give it the name "IL-18"!

Seriously, what's this...what's the point in making an airplane cost 850k? This is not even realistic. Just why? In China, PEK has only 9% slots left after one week, airlines with 2850 departures now switching to my CAN and blocking that one as well. Seriously, what were you thinking when making the IL-18 cost 850k?! Sorry, but that's just cancer.

What I'm now wondering about is how the AS team has come up with the 850,000 AS$ list price. It might be correct, I'm not sure.

When I do the calculation (taking the information I have) I come to a list price of just over 3,000,000 AS$. For that calculation I'm using https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-18 which states that the unit cost by 2011's equivalent would be $24,500,000. If you then take the inflation from this site: http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/ you get to a total inflation between 1957 (year of introduction) and 2011 of 800,2%. Using that inflation and the 2011's equivalent list price I get to a list price at introduction of $3,061,674 in 1957.

If this $3,000,000 was used to directly convert to 3,000,000 AS$ I think the problem with the IL-18D wouldn't be what it is now. Other specs I've seen on the internet seem to be correct for as far as I can judge (I'm not an expert or have access to detailed databases), so in that case the aircraft wouldn't be as interesting as the fuel consumption would be as bad as it is now as is the type rating.

I'm not an expert on these things and I don't have the time or the motivation to start digging through the information (and I think it would only really be fair to do it then for every (old) aircraft), but doing this quick search and calculation makes me wonder if there should be changes made to some (parts of) the data sheets that could make it more realistic and at the same time improve the "fairness" of the game (if that's really a problem at the moment, which I'm not so sure about).

I wanted to open a cargo hub in China, but that will  be impossible considering that their slots are disappear mighty fast thanks to those IL-18.

I just want to found an alliance named "no-ILs alliance" and make every no-ils airlines in the server joining in so that we can fight against the il cancer.

I just want to found an alliance named "no-ILs alliance" and make every no-ils airlines in the server joining in so that we can fight against the il cancer.

Haha really? I had the same idea coming in my mind today

Guys, maybe we should really start a no-ILs alliance? I think it's a brilliant idea

I did it was called Global Connect

This is not the first time IL-18Ds are causing troubles. AS Team should have taken care of this issue before introducing them in Otto II.

Either they should have adjusted the prices of all those out of production jets(not only IL-18Ds) in respective with inflation

OR

they could have updated the route resrictions of all those aircrafts considering their soooper low prices.

Then, no aircrafts should have created this problem, let alone IL-18Ds.

As different players have already mentioned, the current mechanism in Otto II is a total failure.

Imagine all major airports in real world flooding with IL-18Ds or such aircrafts, filling all the slots and not much long hauls from major airports. Passengers should have to connect via smaller airports. Total chaos.

Now slot availability in PEK has fallen to 1%. 3 major airlines are competing with each other to take over slots in PEK.

Not a different story in other major airports also. 

Thanks to AS Team for introducing those out of production aircrafts in Otto II without thinking much.

I did it was called Global Connect

I have joined you haha. But today I found a member in CAI has 10 IL-18 fleets. What's going on?

I'm not using Otto II anymore but I have allowed the alliance to continue so i don't own it anymore 

I'm not using Otto II anymore but I have allowed the alliance to continue so i don't own it anymore 

A good alliance is never owned by anyone. It´s a group of players working together.

Okay whatever I don't care I don't play on OTTO II anymore

Okay whatever I don't care I don't play on OTTO II anymore

Well done bro. I was also thinking to do the same, but decided not to go back to those highly competitive servers as a new airline. Its my fate to continue in this failed server.

Well done bro. I was also thinking to do the same, but decided not to go back to those highly competitive servers as a new airline. Its my fate to continue in this failed server.

I wish you the best of luck then, I will probably continue with my successful airline, Turkey National Airways on Stapleton and my new airline of Balkan Airways on Gatow 

i just quit otto 2 bro. Fed up. Looking forward for next reincarnation of Quimby.

To AS Team, please don't mess up that too