Incorrect Local Time?

I usually use UTC but wanted to try Local Time (LT). In Game World > Settings I changed the Global time setting to “local time”. I expected this to change my local time to UTC -8, but instead I am seeing a LT that corresponds to UTC -6. (it is 2 hours off)

Is there a fix or a manual override in this scenario?

Most likely cause: AS doesn’t do Daylight Savings Time to spare everyone’s sanity. But if you’d tell us which airport you’re talking about we might be able to confirm that.

1 Like

I thought Local Time (LT) referred to my real-life local time? Thus my airport would be irrelevant.

Local Time in AS is context-specific, so when displaying an airport for example, times would be displayed in that airport’s local time, not the user’s.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining. This was not clear to me at all.

Perhaps we could move this to the requests section, where I could request User Time as a universal option? For example, if I have an aircraft delivery at 22:06 UTC, I’d like to be able to make a mental note to log on at the appropriate local time without constantly having to do messy arithmetic in my head.

Please check your Fleet Management. All delivery dates for fresh ordered aircrafts are shown there in your HUB-Time and not in UTC.

BTW: I like to do a lot of “messy arithmetic in my head” because it keeps my brain busy :slight_smile:

No. What he meant was a time setting of wherever he is at that time.

Personally, I don’t think that’s really necessary. As long as you know how much hours of differentiation between you and that airport, you can always calculate easily.

Use hub time. It’s less confusing. And don’t make enterprises in multiple time zones. For instance if you live in the midwest part of the United States, the hub should be located in that time zone somewhere.

That’s a really limiting solution, it would preclude me from playing in any European and Asian market.

I’m constantly monitoring timing so I can order planes efficiently and project cash flow a few hours/days ahead. Yes, I can do mental math, but as I start to play Airlinesim over the years, what I really would like are small quality of life improvements in the game.

Yes it’s a limited solution. But I like it because I get overwhelmed with time zone mathematics so I believe it is just easier to use Hub time, because I live in this time zone

There definitely should be a setting to let you pick any time zone you want, not just hub/local/UTC. It should be no harder to code than the option that already exists by default on every web forum.

1 Like

Very much agreed on this one.

That’s legacy stuff. Has been built like this more than a decade ago and now changing it is more work than one might think. Not impossible or complicated, of course. But it touches on a lot of bits of code. So a nice-to-have for some time in the future, but not high on the priority list.

1 Like

I appreciate your acknowledgement. I hope one day that you’ll have enough resources to dedicate to these Quality of Life (QoL) improvements that are non-urgent in nature.